We are on the last couple of days of our much awaited holiday to paradise island - I worried to the point of loosing sleep over some of the reviews so I want to be as honest and realistic as possible!!!
We paid almost £3000 for 10 nights 2 adults 2 kids! My mother paid over £1000 for herself! We were sold as a 4 star resort!!
On arrival we checked into apartments that reminded me of basic Greek self catering, our fridge did no work and stunk and it was generally grubby sealant hanging out round the windows damp patch in the corner - balcony area and furniture grubby and marked! My mums room was ground floor stunk damp and the cats helped themselves into the apartment if door left open also her patio door would not lock!!! (This did get fixed rapidly)
Our initial view of the food was that it was ok nothing to write home about but there was plenty of choice I thought!
After 24 hours and me now experiencing an upset stomach and our fridge still not being fixed we spoke to the thomas cook rep!
Within a couple of hours the maintainence men came and tidied up the rough points about our room and my mum was moved upstairs fair enough!!!
The pool areas and waterpark are fairly clean and tidy and the kids had a ball lots of cats around - never experienced in the dining area but cat feaces in a lot of the gravelled garden areas!!
Plenty of sunbeds to be had although none around the main pool sit up!
If you want tv remote sun lounger mattress, towel or safe a 10 euro deposit deposit is required!
Food as I stated wasn't terrible which was my worst fear but on occasions it was cold or luke warm I did witness raw meat a couple of times and had to grab a chicken drummer off my child as the whole tray was taken back to the kitchen (frozen in middle)
The snacks only served 4.30-5.30 dry bread cheese and ham and a few cakes left from lunch! I thought this was naff!!
Staff are amazing and wrk there legs off always with a smile drinks plentiful wine was nice (take your own big beakers as the little plastic cups are a mouthful) cleaning was 5 out of 7 beds changed regularly !!
The evening entertainment under the pool bar we tolerated for 30 mins chairs lined up like a school assembly with only a few tables at the back! Like butlins - the sister hotels had bands magic shows etc but not here!! We chose to go to the top floor bar where the hotel entertainers did mini disco much better environment but overall evening entertainment was lacking and we found night times are boring!
I would say if you can get a cheap deal to this hotel then come we have enjoyed it to a degree but could not help but be disappointed in what we paid- last year we got 5 star luxury in turkey for a good deal less -not comparable !!!
The sister hotel club playa blanca was much nicer - food better, entertainment better - perhaps they could take a few tips!!!!
Although this review sounds negative we would return if we could get a cheap deal the kids have loved it and it's not terrible just needs a bit of TLC and to be sold as it is a 3 star we spoke to lot of people who have paid more realistic prices just think we have been ripped off by thomas cook !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a slightly elevated location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, approx. 1500 mtrs from the beach and approx. 2000 mtrs from the village centre with it’s bars, restaurants and shops. A free bus shuttle service to the Playa Dorada beach is arranged several times a day. The hotel consists of 290 modern apartments (renovated 2015/16) which are allocated in two story apartments. The main building offers a lobby with reception, bar and TV corner. It also offers three restaurants - an international, an Asian and an Italian one. The facilities includes as well a mini market, a pool bar, a gym and a disco. In the well kept gardens you will find 4 swimming pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04) and a sun terrace with sun beds and umbrellas (free of charge). Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. The water park “Dino Park”, which is opened daily, is attached to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your HL Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Hotel Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Lanzarote
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- HL Paradise Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca