“michelle s”
Review of HL Paradise Island

HL Paradise Island
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Playa Blanca
Reviewed 18 June 2012

went to paradise island 31st may to the 14th of june i have just got back from their me and my family had a fantastic hoilday their the weather was lovely was breezy at time cool at night but fantastic in the day food brill a large selection for you to chose from also a children section you can get food from morning to night if you didnt want a big dinner they was a pool bar open from 12.30 for you to get smaller dinners , thomas cook enterainers was fantastic they did activities through the day they was brilliant they was friendly and welcoming and they entertained you at night to which was really good and funny not to be missed our hoilday was fantastic. we cant wait to go back the beach is only ten minutes away from hotel.
diego the barman in ther disco bar he is brill friendly and welcoming.
apartment are clean and tidy the cleaners come nearly everyday to change your bedsheets and make the beds for you and tidy your room .if you need extra pillows just ask reception .their is altogether 3 pools 2 baby pools and a massive water park also a great kids world kids club which staff are friendly my little boy loved it in their they are able to stay for two hours each time they go.
pools are frezzing but they are ok once you are in them .
all inclusive which we went was the best option and i would suggest that to anyone because once you get their you dont have to pay for anything only ice creams for anyone who wants one.
the thomas cook rep lucia arnone was lovely and helpfull also welcoming when you get their you will be asked to go to the welcome meeting go because its important to find everything out where you can go and what activites you can do because she can arrange them for you

Room Tip: we was on bottom floor and we didnt have any trouble
4  Thank Michelle S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,273)

Reviewed 12 June 2012

hi ,returned from paradise island on the 3rd of june 2012 ,had a lovely holiday no problems at all.The hotel is a little tattey in places but has everythin you need .food was very good,plenty of choice an looked fresh an inviteing.our room was clean ,the balcony could of done with a sweep but never mind.pool bar is a little tierd looking but i am fussey!! Not alot to do outside hotel must say ,unless u go on trips.Think they have problems with the drains there ,terrible smell by our apartment sometimes .cleaner didnt do more than make the beds ,never mind!!!
weather was fantastic took a few days to get used to the wind mind.We all came back with lovely tans.Have to mention the thomas cook entertaiment team ,worked so hard ,very friendly an cheerful everyday,rob was fantastic so funny along with sophie an lizzie,my kids loved them.Overall had a lovely time an im sure you would to................................

Room Tip: top floor rooms seem better outlookin the pool area.
3  Thank joanne d
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I've just returned from a 7 night stay at Paradise Island. It was a very last minute booking as our planned holiday to Turkey at the last minute changed! We were told that the kids entertainment facilities had been cancelled and as a single mum travelling with an 11 and 5 year old, I looked for an alternative. As many others I'd read the mixed reviews about Paradise, but as it seemed to tick most of the boxes, we booked and one week later we were there!
We had the most fantastic holiday! On arrival Lou (lucia) our Thomas Cook rep was warm, friendly, polite and helpful. She escorted us from the airport to the resort and as I struggle with my mobility she had made sure our accommodation was ground floor and near all the facilities as I had previously requested. For us, there was something for everyone! My 5 year old was reluctant to try the kids club at first, but once she had been, wanted to attend lots of the sessions! The young staff were fun and energetic and kept the kids entertained in a safe environment, which was nice especially when the sun was very hot (they were in the shade) and I could go and have a sunbathe and a read of my book in peace! My daughter loved it and made lots of new friends!
We found the food really tasty and plenty of choice. I am a non meat eater but there was lots of fish available and lots of interesting salads and different vegetable dishes. I especially loved the coleslaw! Yum! The tomatoes were also amazing! I found the kids ate well and tried some different stuff, it wasn't just chips,chips..
The room was fairly basic, but very clean and just what we needed. We didn't bother with the TV, we were on holiday, so was nice to have a break from it. It was only a short walk to pool, pool bar and evening entertainment. I did think when we first arrived that it might be noisy as we were so close to everything, but this was not the case.
The entertainment team were brilliant! Especially Rob!! Such a funny guy! they worked very hard with daily quizzes, water aerobics, water polo, killer pool, etc, etc. if you didn't want to join it there was no pressure but they certainly livened up the place and appealled to all age groups. Discos were cool in the evening and I even won bingo a couple of times!
I would definately recommend this resort to families of all ages. Lucia (rep) is such a lovely girl, she even took my 11 year old up the volcano behind the resort on her morning off! We miss the place loads and had the BEST holiday, I would definately go back!

6  Thank Michelle M
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Returned from Paradise Island in mid May and I must say it exceeded my expectations. Booked last minute through Co-op Travel, and although by far the cheapest All Inclusive option, I was reassured by the positive reviews on this site. Flight was delayed but a warm welcome on arrival and offered cold meal left in the restaurant (not good, but not indicative of what was to come). Settled down to some reasonable red wine on verandah and thrilled with location and layout of the apartment. Didn’t need to worry about food as lots of choice. Fantastic opportunity to eat an extremely healthy and varied diet, I am missing it so much already! Absolutely loved the apartment, as described by others here: extremely roomy with a large balcony to the front and a smaller rear one off the bedroom. Fridge, hobs, kettle, cutlery and a couple of pans were more than you needed for AI. Lovely glass sliding wardrobes, king size bed (a bit too hard for even my tastes), fully furnished bathroom. The waterpark wasn’t ready (no hardship to me) but had a wander around, Egyptian theme, it will be amazing! I enjoyed the location not too far out and made use of the free and reliable bus into town. Was pleasantly surprised by bug-free environment (one mozzie heard all hols late on balcony) although it was weird not hearing any crickets. Weather was fab if a little windy at night. If there was one thing that let it down was the nighttime entertainment, the team tried bless ‘em but as usual relied on the goodwill of some funloving british families to provide the goods. The entertainment room was poor, it smelled of pet shop (??) and not enough chairs for all, so watch out when the locals finish their dinner at 22.30! Other niggles were the loud poolside music from 10am, repetitive soundtrack (welcome to 1989!), and the gymnasium, filled with bits of dead equipment, should be decommissioned on health and safety grounds! Would love to return, especially to our room with panoramic seaview of the coast to Volcano (looking over to Corralejo) but I suspect that prices will rise when waterpark fully open. On the plus side at least that might take some of the noisy animation away from the pool. Tips – eat breakfast later but dine early, that way avoiding all the local crowds. This holiday appeared most enjoyed by those with very young families making the most of the family-centred evenings.

Room Tip: Two storeys only - ground floors better for kids as have large front garden and safe enclosed rear a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank medic123
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We have just come back from a week staying at Paradise Island and had a fantastic time. The holiday we booked was realively cheap in comparison to other holidays we have been on which I must admit did have me concerned. However on arrival everything was exactly what I expected. Yes things are basic but I didn't anticipate anything more than what we had. We were all inclusive so had very little need for exttras. The rooms were clean and tidy and everything was as per the brochure. Admitidly we went as a couple as oppossed to a family and we had wanted a holiday to lie by the pool and relax, which is what we did.

All staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay and not too pushy when trying to get you to join in. Enough to ask us to be involved but also courtious enough to take no for an answer.

Our rep Lucia was fantastic. She had a lovely personality and was very friendly. We knew where to find her if we needed her and she was very happy to help. The one time we did venture out of the hotel to do something other than soak up the sun it was to an excursion recommended by Lucia, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Having dealt with a variety of reps over the years it was refreshing to have someone who put so much effort into it.

All in all we had a lovely week. Admitedly it's not for everyone but for us it was perfect and we will definately be going back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple