Upon arrival the staff were very friendly and we were pleasantly surprised at the size of our apartment. Could have perhaps done with a lick of paint having had rather a lot of marks on the walls. Watch out for the hot water supply if you like long hot showers!
Personally, I found the whole dining experience a nightmare. I am relatively fussy about meat and found I mainly dieted on rice and pasta for 10 days. However, the rice and pasta was very tasty but just a bit boring after a while. Breakfast was probably the best meal of the day as far as I was concerned although get there as early as you can (8am sharp!) - ITS A JUNGLE OUT THERE! We ended up with a good system of myself getting on with toasting the bread (only two rather slow toasters and a fight for them at that!) whilst my partner got tea and secured a table. BEWARE THE FISH : lots of bones and really not worth the effort!
Being a couple, we probably didn't appreciate the Animation team as much as most. Lots of activity starting around 11am trying to get people to stretch(!) and get involved in various activities which is not conducive to relaxation around the pool and I often had to pretend to be asleep to avoid them! However, they clearly work very hard and provide great entertainment for children.
EXTREMELY WINDY (especially round the pool area) - in the words of Baz Luhrmann "WHERE SUNSCREEN"!
In terms of location, we were only a 20 minute walk from Flamingo Beach which we preferred to the main beach for which the hotel provide a bus service to. Not a hell of a lot going on in the area generally but that was fine for us as this was just a relaxing beach holiday.
Don't stay here if you dislike cats - there are lots of them around the complex which we assume is an ingenious solution to rodents and the like. We didn't come across any cockroaches or ants but that may be due to the time of year of our stay.
In summary, we would be prepared to come back to this hotel on a self catering basis but the food was 2* at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a slightly elevated location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, approx. 1500 mtrs from the beach and approx. 2000 mtrs from the village centre with it’s bars, restaurants and shops. A free bus shuttle service to the Playa Dorada beach is arranged several times a day. The hotel consists of 290 modern apartments (renovated 2015/16) which are allocated in two story apartments. The main building offers a lobby with reception, bar and TV corner. It also offers three restaurants - an international, an Asian and an Italian one. The facilities includes as well a mini market, a pool bar, a gym and a disco. In the well kept gardens you will find 4 swimming pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04) and a sun terrace with sun beds and umbrellas (free of charge). Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. The water park “Dino Park”, which is opened daily, is attached to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Alpha Holidays Limited, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your HL Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Hotel Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Lanzarote
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- HL Paradise Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca