We have just returned from a lovely 2 weeks in glorious sunshine but i have to comment having read all the other reviews before we went. When we arrived we were allocated our lower level room, unlocked the door and a cat came running out past us! No way was i staying in that room but having gone back to reception we were allocated another one straight away. The reception staff were very helpful.
The meals may not have been up to everyones standard but we found that there was something to eat everynight, lunch was not so good, but we werent that hungry with the heat. The chinese is a must however, it was lovely and not so busy.
The rooms were big and brushed out everyday, the linen is not changed regularly, in fact we had to use our top sheet as our childrens sofabed covers and it stayed like that for 2 weeks, never changed and they were only issued with top sheets when i got fed up asking reception and got them from the maid herself 3 days later. I cannot say how often our sheets were changed apart from once!
The pool area is dirty most of the time, the hotel should supply more bins and ashtrays or pots for fag ends but the amount of people who ate at the side of the pool and never even put their dirty cups or plates into the bins was awful. People would just put their fags out on the tiles and leave the ends for others to pick up, we used plastic glasses with water in them and ok they didnt look nice but did the job.
Now the ants! my god they were everywhere, we had a real problem with them in our room, we did complain and we were given a spray to help, it did help but trying to kill them all was impossible, they are on the worktops, chairs, beds, showers everywhere, i got used to them by the end of the second week but they were alot worse than i expected.
Apart from that, i found that the pool was nice and clean, needed a paint on the bottom but clean and the staff all seemed friendly enough to us, the hotel is a bit of a way out of playa blanca but the taxi cost 3 euros so cheap. We had a good 3* all inclusive holiday and i do feel that people writing on here should check what * rating they choose first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a slightly elevated location at the edge of the village Playa Blanca, approx. 1500 mtrs from the beach and approx. 2000 mtrs from the village centre with it’s bars, restaurants and shops. A free bus shuttle service to the Playa Dorada beach is arranged several times a day. The hotel consists of 290 modern apartments (renovated 2015/16) which are allocated in two story apartments. The main building offers a lobby with reception, bar and TV corner. It also offers three restaurants - an international, an Asian and an Italian one. The facilities includes as well a mini market, a pool bar, a gym and a disco. In the well kept gardens you will find 4 swimming pools (one of them heated 01/11-30/04) and a sun terrace with sun beds and umbrellas (free of charge). Pool towels will be provided against a small deposit. The water park “Dino Park”, which is opened daily, is attached to the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your HL Paradise Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Hotel Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Lanzarote
- Aparthotel Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- Paradise Island Playa Blanca
- HL Paradise Island Lanzarote/Playa Blanca