I'm just from a week's holiday with my husband and we had a really nice relaxing time at the Coral Beach. The Villas are spacious and clean and it's nice to have your own private patio area outside to relax in.
Because it's a couple of miles from the main resort it's very quiet. You can walk into Playa Blanca in about an hour and a half or get a taxi for 4 or 5 euros each way. We hired bikes from 'Cool Bikes' (reception have a leaflet) and it was a great way to get around. It took about 15 minutes to some nice sea front bars and 30 minutes along the main promenade into Playa Blanca.
The food was generally very nice, lots of salad and a few different choices for breakfast lunch and dinner. There were however some odd things, like brussel sprouts in mayonnaise one day!! Sometimes it was obvious that leftover food had been re-heated and served again the next day and even the day afterwards or left out for snack time. Such as fried calamari, fish fingers and chips.
A lot of the fruit was nice - fresh melon and kiwis but it would have been nice to have more choice for dessert and at snack time.
The staff are helfpul and friendly and they are happy to order you taxis, arrange bike hire, check transfers etc.
You need to pay extra for things like a hairdryer so take your own - it's 10 euros for the week.
It was very windy when we went, and the resort is a little exposed. Apparently Lanzarote is less windy from September to November.
Overall we had a nice relaxing quiet holiday which is what we wanted but compared to other 4 star inclusive holidays we've had, this was more of a 3 star resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Vik Club Coral Beach located at the east of Playa Blanca, is a hotel enjoyed for its tranquility and calm. Let yourself be seduced by its impressive sea views and by the times of relaxion at the Chill Out. Live the Vik Club Coral Beach experience and forget everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Ebookers, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your VIK Coral Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vik Club Coral Beach Hotel Playa Blanca
- VIK Coral Beach Lanzarote/Playa Blanca