We booked flights and transfers ourselves. Trip was 30 minutes and cost €42 but worth it for hastle free transfer.
Room: After checking in, we discovered our room only had a bath with a shower hose laying on the taps so we asked to be moved. This was done without too much fuss to an identical room but with a very nice walk-in shower. Rooms are good with seperate living area but cleaning was sporadic. (I noticed I'd dropped a cotton bud on the bathroom floor when we got back from the pool for lunch so left it there out of curiosity, it was still there 4 days later!)
Food: Breakfast was fine, plenty of choice and omlete's cooked to order. Lunch.. usual selection of salads, pasta and fruit which became a bit repetative. Dinner... very much like lunch in the main restaurant so we ate 4 times in the Italian which was the best place to eat by far. Avoid the Oriental at all costs, it was awfull!
Pools: Very crowded by the main bar and restaurant, wall to wall towels on beds and no privicy. We went to the pool at the far end of the complex each day which was much quieter.
Drinks: Decent service but don't expect anything but cheap wines. Cocktails were OK as was the beer. (why must people insist on guzzling copious amounts of alcohol during the day just because it's free???)
Area: Beach was poor locally but the Wed/Sat market was very good with some very nice stalls and a pleasant 15 minute walk along the sea front.
Staff: Generally friendly and efficient (exception being the room maid who didn't sweep the floor)
Our last two holidays were both at 4* resorts and both were miles better (but more expensive). Just come clean and drop a star, then peoples expectation may be lowered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Like a grand castle which majestically dominates the seascape of the AtlanticOcean and its islands, the magnificent GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO is erected in the charming area of Playa Blanca, in the south of the volcanic isle par excellence: Lanzarote. With the conviction that elegance and comfort should come naturally, this Hotel is a tribute to 16th century Canary history and colonial architecture, inspired by the "Castle of San José" and the typical landscape of the island, blending in with the environment. The building is divided into different zones which maintain their colonial style, where the white facades and volcanic stone contrast with the backdrop of the deep blue ocean. A charming interior courtyard of Arab inspiration bathes the reception area with light, and the contemporary décor and pale colours create a warm and very elegant atmosphere. GRAN CASTILLO TAGORO pampers every detail of the rooms and suites, which have breathtaking views of the sea and surrounding scenery. They are decorated in a contemporary style, with marine touches, light-coloured wood and pale colours, creating a pleasant atmosphere full of light. The discerning selection of restaurants and cuisines serve Canary, national and international specialities. There are conference rooms featuring spearhead technology, and various outdoor zones for events of different kinds. The "Vitanova SPA" thalassotherapy centre provides the benefits of thermal seawater, and specific treatments for the body and soul. The Hotel features a wide range of facilities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Gran Castillo Hotel Playa Blanca
- Dream Castillo Papagayo Lanzarote
- Gran Castillo Tagoro Family & Fun Playa Blanca Lanzarote