All reviews air con pool area scrambled eggs and bacon nice reception area the main strip minute walk yogurt snack bar mini fridge restaurants and bars sea view great pool within easy walking distance short break quiet end hotel bar stunning beach
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Nice hotel, very clean, rooms are a little dated & small for 3 people. Excellent pool area, the location of this hotel is excellent. Good breakfast. WiFi available in the lobby/swimming pool area. Very friendly service in the bar/resturant.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Joanne M
Reviewed 21 July 2016

Hotel is very near the beach.
Good breakfast. Nice pool.
Smell in the room.
No WiFi in the room, only near the reception .
In the morning lot of people using Wifi near the reception, we could not get connection.

Airconditioning not cool enough.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank vapelle19
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Uhmm, where to begin?
Our journey to Portugal started at 03:00 in the Netherlands on 6 July 2016. We were all very excited and looking forward to the trip, so we were more than pleased when we arrived at our destination (Hotal Luar), at around 12:00.
Our excitement was immediatly dampened by the reception at the hotel. Hardly a 'hallo' from the young man at reception and certainly no 'welcome' greeting.
Getting information was like pulling teeth, I asked what time the rooms would be ready and was told that we would have wait 2 hours. When I asked what we could do in the meantime, he just laughed at me. It was not 'his' problem. We could leave our bags behind and do what we wanted. Great beginning!
The rooms on the other hand were acceptable for the price. The TV never worked but who needs that when on holiday? The restaurant only serves breakfast (sloppy cold scrambled eggs, cold bacon which is not even separated when taken out of the packet with the result: cooked, crispy bacon on one side and the othe side never saw the pan. Cheese, chorizo and ham, and thats about it). For dinner, we had to walk down the raod to a small Portugese restaurant (Miravau), but that was worth every step. Great place to eat with good fresh food.
Not much positive to say about this hotel. You get what you pay for. Two good things though, the location and the pool. Only a short walk to the beautiful beach and town and the pool is really well kept. Pity that u cant swim after 20:00, something that I can never understand in these warm destinations.
So, the rooms are basic, the shower curtain was old and dirty and there were signs of mould creeping up in the corners of the bathroom.
The worst thing about this hotel was not the hotel itself, but the unfriendly staff. Not only at reception, but also in the bar. The result being that we never spent 1 cent there, but went into town for our drinks at places where we did feel welcome.
If you dont have high expectations, then you will survive in this hotel.
Fam Dexter (Netherlands)

Room Tip: Take a room with a sea view. The other rooms are across from a busy road
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank ngrendex
Reviewed 12 July 2016

I loved the Hotel but had to rate it as 4/5 due to breakfast and wifi issues. The hotel was very clean (dated but that didnt bother us at all). We stayed in room 312 and had an L shaped balcony overlooking pool and the sea ( gorgeous). The room has everything you need (no hair dryer but that was absolutely no problem to me never use them anyway) Plug sockets were a bit of a problem but just had to unplug the dated lamps to charge phones.
Even though the beds were a bit firm I dont think I have slept as well in a long time..Had to set my alarm on my phone to wake me in the morning or I may have still been sleeping until noon (the curtains are blackout curtains so a bonus)
The pool was lovely and clean and spacious with lots of beds etc. My husband thought there should have been some kind of music on (not loud stuff maybe just radio or something as could hear everyones conversations!)
The only bad points were the wifi - would have been nice to not have to sit in reception (which was very large and airy) just to maybe look on facebook or facetime the grandchildren.
The breakfast was a bit of a disappointment.. every day the same..sloppy scrambled egg, bacon?? (wasnt bacon as we know it) and bread plus rolls, cake, ham and cheese. ***DO NOT BOTHER WITH THE TOASTER - IT TAKES ABOUT 5 TO 10 MINS TO TOAST ANYTHING AND THE BREAD IS NOT GOOD TO TOAST** the fruit juice was nice though.
We went out for breakfast a few times
We went to Taffys for breakfast which is 5 items for 4 euro/ 7 items for 5 euro or 9 items for 6 euro - it was nice but we personally found Claires (both within 5 minute walk from pool entrance) a better value as got a nice breakfast with about 10 to 12 items for 5 euro and we enjoyed it (thanks Manu)
Taffys was brilliant to go for food at night (my hubby loved the ribs) very friendly the guy outside who we called Carl as he sounded like Carl Pilkington (others thought he sounded like Peter Kay) was great :)
we went to the Asia Chinese twice..the first time we loved it and recommeneded to so many people it was just so nice. THEN we went for a second time..it was awful..the service was terrible and the food - well we left more than half of it so think that tells the story. When we paid the bill we should have received 4.75 euro change but they never ever came back with it..wasnt happy and never returned.
The whole area is very beautiful and yes we would return 100% and yes we would return to this hotel 100%
we stayed from 27th June until 7th July and the weather was so hot 30 to 36 degrees but loved it

Room Tip: sea view is a must
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank pg29
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

Great hotel,enjoyed stay, good location, great value,can't fault this hotel except for wifi only good in reception area but I'm not complaining. Probably one of the best beaches on the algarve and liar is yards away! will return again. P&F

Stayed: June 2016