1,256 results
All reviewsgreat hotelacross the roadsea viewmassive bedmini barflat screensitting areasister hotelsteep slopefree safebeach holidayperfect locationbeautiful beachtaxi rankbars and restaurantshalf boardbed and breakfast
Reviewed 16 October 2011

This hotel overlooks the beach and is literally a two minute walk to the beach. The hotel is fab, very modern and staff are very friendly. We stayed in a room with frontal sea views and it was fab overlooking the beach.
The breakfast is good but obviously you would get tired of it after two days but isnt that the same with every hotel.
The hotel is so well situated we were in the middle of everything. We ate out most evenings and if you are visiting Praia da Rocha definately go to Titantic restaurant it was delicious.
If I was visiting Praia da Rocha again I would return to this hotel!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mariekerry
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Spent in this hotel 10 days and my opinion about this hotel is:
Advantages:
1. Perfect location (minutes away to the beach and the main street with all bars, pubs);
2. Conditioning system;
3. Hotel provides towels to the beach ( however we were not informed about this on check in so bought our own beach towels; on our fourth day brochure was placed in our room with all information about the hotel - shouldnt it be in the room on arrival??)
4. Sushi bar (love sushi, tried there and it was really good)
5. Free internet

Disadvantages:
1. You need to pay for car park ( there are plenty free car park spaces around the hotel so if you want to save money dont park in the hotel's car park);
2. On check in the receptionist did not provide us with all relevant information about hotel amenities etc, receptionist wasnt very pleasant so we avoid this place and if we need any information we get it from the hotel where our friends stayed
3. On check in porter helped us to bring our luggages up to the room, we tipped him well and then asked if we can use internet in the room - he answered we can but we need to get a cable. When I asked if we can bring one - we were told 'you need to go and get it yoursel'!!! was shocked by this answer
4. Cleaning services wasn't very good;
5. No iron in the room, if you need one you can get it for minutes from reception but they don't really want to give it to you as there is loundry services provided in the hotel, so bring your own travel iron to avoid confusion;
6. Breakfast was the same every morning so it gets boring. So if you stay there book Room Only rate as the prices around the area is around 5 euro per person but you can have breakfast every morning in different places plus you dont need to wake up early only for breakfast.

After all it is good modern hotel in a great loaction. But on our next visit we will stay in Bella Vista hotel which is next to Hotel Praia Da Rocha and people working there are so pleasant and always ready to assist you even if you are not their guest!! The pool and in Bella Vista is great, fabulous restraunt (check out their website plus it is number 1 in tripadvisor and it is really worth to pay more to stay there). The price was only 20 euro more a night than in Hotel Paia Da Rocha..

Room Tip: Worth to pay extra for sea view room - we payed 100 euro extra for 10 days for both of us
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Angellica_Sta
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Spent a week at this hotel recently.Staff were excellent. Location was perfect. Would not hesitste to recommend this hotel. Would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Book a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This hotel was good, the staff very friendly and helpful, especially a kitchen lady (incredible woman) named "Pam" that works downstairs in the breakfast area. She made our trip lovely with all her advice and friendly smile to make us feel 'at-home'.

You walk out of the hotel, across a road, and you are at the beach. Parking is 6 euros a night but most of the time we could find parking on the street, don't bother on weekends though. Rooms were great, no coffee maker in the rooms unless you upgrade for an extra 42 euros a night to the 7th or 8th floor. We upgraded to the 6th floor deluxe room ocean view, and no coffee maker. Pool is fun, kind of blocked so not much sun, but if you want sun go to the beach. The sister hotel, Hotel Jupiter if you stay there they have a spa that you can use (you get 10% off staying at Hotel da Rocha, they have a free gym (you need to pay if staying at Hotel da Rocha) and an outdoor pool covered with sun right on the strip (again, you need to pay to use their pool if staying at Hotel Da Rocha). Next time I think we'll stay there as we payed to use ALL of their services. Breakfast at Hotel Da Rocha was incredible, great selection, delicious food, the same everyday, but with so much to choose from you could eat something different everyday.

I wore a fake wedding ring, as I did not want my real one to go missing while on vacation, and at some point my ring did go missing. Thank God it was fake. I'm not sure when it did so I can't really accuse, I just thought it was important to warn that it can happen so be careful. The beach was safe, my husband and I went in the early morning to watch the sunrise and I was a little hesitant being a scardy-puss and all but it was good. Drug dealers seem to be everywhere, especially one that seemed like he would follow my husband, I'm not sure if it's because he looks like he could do drugs but not too enjoyable to be asked all the time. Most restaurants on the strip were really good, our favorite was Titanic and a Chinese restaurant located upstairs 'Panda something...' across the street from an Irish bar and in the same complex as 'Fashion Club'.

We went to Faro and caught a boat to Ilha Deserta (desert island), for 10 euros each and wa beautiful. Not many people seemed to know about this island, bring a pic nic and enjoy the serene atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you want a coffee maker you NEED to upgrade to the 7th or 8th floor ocean view room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Holly L
Reviewed 27 September 2011

The hotel is in a great location, it is just across the road from the beach. The rooms were very spacious and were kept very clean throughout the stay. We had a side sea view balcony which had great views of the beach. The pool was quite small and after about 4pm the sun was blocked by the building so it got cold quite quickly. The breakfast was only ok, we had our breakfast every day in Irelands Eye which had great food and good views of the sea.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to stay in.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple