Lowest prices for your stay
US$356
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$329
Trip.com
US$260
Free cancellation until 03/10/21
Hotels.comUS$329
PricelineUS$303
Agoda.comUS$357
All reviews private beach terrace grill tennis courts sea water garden view breakfast was excellent hotel guests the atlantic ocean kids club vila vita pools portugal euros
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2021 via mobile

Probably the best hotel in Europe. The staff make this hotel, they all deserve the highest praise. Everyone from housekeeping, to breakfast staff are amazing. The simplicity of the rooms, to the gardens, all just works. I can’t wait to go back.

Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 18 June 2021

One of the best hotels that I have been to. The resort is immaculate, with the most beautiful, semi-private, beach we had seen on the whole Algarve coast.

Our room was substantial, clean, quiet and private - all while offering a lovely view of their manicured gardens and the sea off in the distance.

The service was impeccable, friendly and attentive. The restaurants were also surprisingly good, so much so that we spent most of our stay in resort rather than travel about, as initially planned.

Would love to come back.

Room tip: Try get a room near the spa
Date of stay: May 2021
Reviewed 9 June 2021 via mobile

We had a very pleasant stay, the hotel has a "village" feeling and beautiful gardens. The beach has very comfortable sunbeds, is protected by stunning cliffs and the staff is very attentive.
Breakfast was very varied with lovely views of the sea. The water was too cold in the pools - maybe some solar panels would help?
Thalasso pool exercises very good, unfortunately I couldn't try any massage because the spa was very busy.
Our junior suite had lovely views with jacaranda trees and the sea in the distance. But it did have a very bare and impersonal feeling, with hardly any lighting which made it very difficult to make tea or coffee. It could definitely be improved by more lighting and some decoration.
But Vila Lara is certainly a place we'd like to return to. Thank you!

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 5 June 2021 via mobile

Although a beautiful resort the standard of service very disappointing. Beautiful room but bathroom was infested with little flies (which I later discovered are associated with sewage), I was offered a can of insect spray which defeated the object of a ‘detox’ break. The complimentary bowl of fruit was mouldy, I took fruit out in hope they would be replaced only to find they were just put back in the bowl! The spa facilities were surprisingly basic. Overall, I found the quality and service lacklustre and staff sluggish, no effort made to match or even exceed a standard one would expect of a 5 star facility. After my 5-day stay I felt I had wasted my time and money!

Room tip: Be prepared for a long walk to the restaurant
Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank FarAway64008613198
Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

This hotel is not value for money in the slightest. The prices are extortionate for what you get.. we paid around £350 per night for our trip to this ‘5 star’ hotel and we had such high hopes. Unfortunately the hotel did not live up to our expectations at all. We checked into a room that was underground and had an awful smell, after spending our first night there we mentioned to reception about the smell and it took 3 visits to reception for us to be moved. The hotel just doesn’t tick any 5* star boxes, staff at the restaurant/ bar were absent, the grounds were kept okay but not amazing, no pool or beach service and the restaurant lacked atmosphere in the evenings.

This hotel does have potential the location is on the beach and the views are lovely and the pool near this is nice but has limited sunbeds. Food was fairly good and breakfast has nice views over the sea - but that does include lots of seagulls!

If you can pay half the price than we did I’d say its worth the value! Otherwise I’d go across the road to villa vita Parc hotel.. an actual 5* hotel and not much more expensive. We visited this hotel for dinner twice and wow the views, the grounds, the staff everything was exceptional!

Date of stay: September 2020