2 hours outside of Rome and Florence made this a great location for our family of 7 and one 11 month old. We were able to make day trips with ease and travel for overnight trips to Florence and Rome. Maricela was extremely helpful. The staff was pleasant a gracious. Other than Maricela, only a few more staff spoke english so at times there were some challenges, but they were very accommodating in getting us assistance.
The absolute best thing about La Casella were the dinners. Amazing 5 course meals were served with accompanying wines. If you do nothing else at least make sure you spend one evening (starting at 8:00 p.m.) have dinner at the resort. The dinner and continental breakfast are separately billed. We traveled during the low season so there were not many other guest from what we could tell. All were friendly and willing to share stories though.
The rooms are overly fancy, and are generally furnished like small apartments. Eco Resort is a good description. Other than sleeping there there we had no reason to stick around so it wasn't and issue for us.
I researched the location and read the reviews about the road to the resort. Bottom line, about 15 minutes between the highway and resort. The road is a dirt/sometimes paved road (very little) and it is a little bumpy. You don't need a four wheeler at all. The scenery though is beautiful along the road and around the resort. I was amazed when night time fell just how dark it was.
As a getaway, I recommend La Casella. If you plan on taking day trips and you want easy access to the Tuscany and Umbria region, I recommend La Casella.
A couple of things - there are several restaurants and bakeries in Fabro that you should check out. Fabro is the small town you pass through on the way to La Casella. If you are traveling this time of year, it gets dark starting around 4-4:30 p.m.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casella, in the beautiful Italian countryside, a tourism enterprise that aims at combining the concepts of sustainable economics and high quality standards. La Casella has transformed the countryside Vacation in a life style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Stayforlong S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Casella, Eco Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casella, Eco Hotel Ficulle
- La Casella Eco Terni
- La Casella, Eco Resort Ficulle, Italy - Umbria