All reviews half board every night eco resort horseback riding course dinner train station great food spent nights soup in advance new friends wine tasting umbria and tuscany paved road recommend this place continental breakfast main course
Reviewed 5 April 2015

Spent 7 nights at the La Casella resort and spa. This is a unique and lovely location nestled in the hills of rural Umbria. The stay included a two bedroom unit which was lovely and had a full kitchen and fireplace overlooking the valley. The stay also included the half board at 50 Euros per person. Very good food and the dinners were quite good and enjoyable.

If you decide to go... be aware it is a bit remote and the bridge over the stream does indeed flood and block passage. We had two good days of rain and the road from Fabro to the resort was not passable for two days. There is a back entrance, but one should be aware of that entrance particularly if you are arrriving at night.

The staff are very friendly and it is a family type environment.

I recommend La Casella highly.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank DStarnes
Reviewed 30 March 2015

We meant to review La Casella when we left, but 9 months later I am now reviewing. I visited La Casella with my wife as part of our 15th anniversary trip to Italy.

We really believe that this is the perfect place to enjoy the Tuscan area in Italy. We had a one bedroom villa and stayed for a week.

We cannot say enough about this place, beautiful, calming, peaceful, friendly. A family operated resort that makes you get the feeling you are staying at a local home, but with all the benefits of a resort. Great people and great food !!

We cannot wait to book again and hopefully next time with our kids.

Thank you La Casella !!!

Karla & Hugo Gomez

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HHGomez
Reviewed 6 March 2015

I meant to review La Casella when I left but 18 months later I am now reviewing. We had a two bedroom apartment which was exceptional! Arriving on the Sunday at midday (we were early for checking in) having driven from Rome, they were so friendly and inviting! A midday sunday lovely buffet was already started, but we were invited and the food was absolutely amazing! I cannot say enough about this place, calming, peaceful, friendly, such a great base for seeing so much of Tuscany. I cannot wait to book again. Hoping to revisit in 2016 if I can get RCI accommodation again!! Thanks to the team at La Casella it still is my most memorable holiday!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nuala2015
Reviewed 25 December 2014

Our experience at La Casella was amazing. We renewed our wedding vows for our 30th anniversary. Stefania set up a beautiful table with proseco and hors doerves and invited the new friends we had made because of her delightful group dinners. You felt like a traveler and an honored guest rather than a tourist.
We traveled through Umbria and Tuscany hill towns each day and shared stories and visited with our new friends each night.
Besides our own personal wedding vow party there was a lovely dinner in the woods and an amazing toga party our last night.
The road there is quite bumpy and the accommodations variable but the experience was incomparable. We thank them for making 2014 so memorable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank judy m
Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter, son-in-law and I spent 6 days wonderful with Steffanie(?) and her staff. The 2 bedroom apartment was great and the meals excellent. We had a rental car and used the resort as our base of operations to visit the quaint historic towns of Assisi, Orvieto, Todi and Bagnoregio in Umbria. We also traveled by train and ventured into Rome.
The road in is unpaved but out VW Tuareg had no problems navigating it. I wish I could have taken the time to ride horseback in the area as the resort has a stable and a knowledgable instructor. The evenings we great in the main lodge, we met a number of wonderful people from all over Europe. Wifi is available only in the main lodge but hey who wants work emails 24/7 when relaxing. We were the only Americans. On a scale of 1-5 I rate the stay as a 6. Again thank you to the wonderful folks at the resort.

Stayed: November 2014