1,778 results
All reviews relaxing holiday wait in line buffet dinner every hour family room large terrace buy drinks private beach toboggan animation
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The good:
The slides - although they could do with some maintenance. Rooms were clean.

The bad:
The pools were absolutely freezing. I understand that there's no point heating the pool that leads to the sea because that's a waste but the other 3 pools weren't heated at all & we couldn't swim.
Beds are quite hard. Shower leaked and the shower head wouldn't stay up.

The ugly:
The staff! So rude & unhelpful! Any time we asked for something (like a towel for the room because we were left with only 2 towels for 3 people) we got eye rolls and signs. Staff never responded to any of our emails trying to organise transfers. Also phone calls were never answered.
EVERYTHING closed from midday until about 3. There was ZERO information made available about what time the restaurants/cafes were open. The food was absolutely appalling. Also we were told the last shuttle to Terrasini was at 6pm so we turned up at 5:55pm and were told it had already gone but they could organise another shuttle for double the price. The concierge refused to call a taxi company we wanted to use because "Thats against policy".

I would like to come back here in the summer with a group of friends who would enjoy the waterslide BUT it would only be for 2 nights MAX. You'd need to hire a car because the taxi fares are astronomical AND also bring food for lunches and then go elsewhere for dinners because the food here is horrendous!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
5  Thank NicoleTheKiwi
Reviewed 25 September 2017

On the one hand the Hotel is great. It is called "village" not for nothing - the territory is indeed extremely big. It is true that all rooms are facing sea, I think it is a great advantage. Some of the rooms (at my humble estimate half of them) have a balcony of size slight bigger than room itself, whereas room aren't small. There is a great number of sport facilities. The toboggan indeed leads to sea. Beside it there is a separate entrance to sea from the pontoon. On the other hand it is easy to see that last general repair was done 20 years ago.
However personnel is very friendly and helpful, cuisine is not bad.

Things to take into account:
1) There is only pontoon and toboggan to enter the sea, therefore if you or your kids are not good in swimming you have to consider using shuttle to the distant beach, which costs 3€ per person round-trip.
2) The hotel is Italy-oriented so the animation is in Italian and most personnel speaks Italian and a little bit of other languages. It does not make them less hospitable or helpful, but if you speak Italian it make this hotel a better place for you because you are automatically get more interaction.
3) It is hard to get from the hotel anywhere by public transport. Buses don't follow the schedule, it is always better to check with the reception on up-to-date bush schedule.
4) The only minus I have found - the evening concert (animation) is quite loud and may last up to 1 AM.

Also, the place seems to be great for families with kids. There are several shallow pools and kids playgrounds. Animation for children lasts till 10 PM.

To sum up: it is a good hotel, with some minor trade-offs, it would have been great if it went through some repairs.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlyingTankCrew
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Nightmare. Traveling with 10 family members, 3 rooms. Bruno the overnight "manager" was ridiculous. My 2 year old daughter had the desk fall on top of her bc it wasn't secured to the wall, and it only had one "leg". Crushed her wrist. The entire cabinet fell on her, We lifted the desk bc we couldn't see her.

Bruno 1. Doesn't make a report. 2. Doesn't come to even check on the room. 3. Got confrontational with my family about contacting the manager. 4. Didn't offer to call the ambulance.
Late at night mind you.

First day here in Sicily, we don't even know where the closest gas station is and we have to figure out where the hospital is while my daughter is screaming in pain.

When we arrive back there's a maintain el man securing the cabinet to the wall and then goes to my father in laws room to secure his bc he almost fell when his fell forward as well.

Next day, we talk to Giusi, the manager. She brushed it off as good thing she's okay. Sure, she's okay, now. Thank God she is bc it could've easily been her head or neck.

We're offered a nice dinner. Seriously????!

A nice dinner after my daughter got trapped underneath the desk?
My 70yr old father in law almost fell when his cabinet fell forward?!!!!
Not to mention the shock I was in, my 9year old daughter and ofcourse the pain my 2 year old was and is still in?!!!

No I DO NOT recommend this hotel! Not unless you want to get hurt and then turned away.

Mirror was not secured properly either.
Mirrors should not be able to swing side to side.

Also, gift shop closed, jacuzzi is freezing cold, pool water is freezing cold. Restaurants on site were all closed except main dinning area. Park was closed. Tennis closed. Everything is closed.

Room Tip: Make sure all furniture is secured properly!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Steph D
Reviewed 3 September 2017

This was our first time at this resort. Great experience. relaxing atmosphere, wonderful scenery. Very educated and outgoing staff. Food was delicious. Would definetly visit again with the family next time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mzammi_185967
Reviewed 1 September 2017

My dad organized this trip for my mother's birthday and informed us two weeks before the actual flight, because he had heard great things about this hotel. However, now it seems run down: we went to the grill and it was closed, the pizzeria was closed, even though it was on the map and there's no way of eating lunch if you've only paid for breakfast and dinner. The receptionists are slow and they should hire more receptionists, and I don't get why you must use cards to purchase food items. The shows were pretty great except when they brought the comic and he joked in italian, which I obviously didn't understand. The food was good, and the staff grabbed the plates quickly whenever they noticed we were done. The thing I enjoyed the most was the toboggan,as I'm a teenager, but for some reason it's open from 10 to 12 and then opens again from 3.30 to 6.30, and there's a long walk from our room to the toboggan. On wednesday me and my mom went down there again, and as usual I slid the whole way down to the sea and as i was walking up the stairs to slide again, I cut my toe on the stairs which resulted in a lot of blood, they were that sharp, and the floor tiles are that run down.

Luckily, the life guard called a golf cart thing and it drove me to the clinic, but the clinic was closed? I mean, this is a resort where families go to and it should be a 24 hour clinic, and yet you can't even buy pills here either, because both my parents and I had a cold, my dad had gastric flu, and we had no means of travelling out of the resort. The nurse came and it turns out she had been swimming, and when I talked to her she didn't know what I was saying, because like always Italians don't know English. I hadn't met a single Italian that knew english in this resort, and I know that Italians are proud of their language but how is it that a resort that accepts tourists doesn't have some english speaking staff? I only know how to speak two languages, my national language and english, that's it, yet they continue to speak to me with Italian when I tell them 'no Italiano'. In my country you have to know like 4 languages to even get a chance in working in a place like this. The pools didn't have the smell of chlorine that I smell in my country, and it didn't burn my eyes when I dove underwater. There wasn't wifi in the room, but there was in the lobby, dining hall and the room's balcony so that's good. Overall a week here is too much, 4 days is enough, as it seems it used to be a great resort back in its day, but now it needs to be renovated.

Room Tip: I was in the victory section and I liked it because it was in the centre of the resort and it was accessible.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family