6 people are viewing this hotel
Trip.comUS$88
FindHotelUS$82
ZenHotels.comUS$100
1,184 results
All reviews sea water buffet restaurant self catering apartment beach buggy tavolara island write an honest review the entire week the main swimming pool la cinta fantastic holiday mini club beautiful beach clean towels baia car beaches sardinia
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2020

apartments are decent except for the "sofa" that looks more a wadded bench come with a little fairly well kept garden giving off a good mediterranean bush smell like myrtle, mint, rosemary etc typical of the Emerald coast in the north east.
I cooked and cleaned and did the shopping myself which is the best option if you rent a car (I did at olbia airport) I recommend you to RENT A CAR and not enclose yourself in the resort for two main reasons: the private beach is not worth it and it doesn't seem to be in sardinia, secondly there is an awful lot of outstanding beaches (so called cale) like cala brandinchi, la cinta and lu impostu along with decent towns and restaurants like San teodoro to visit especially after supper.
there are many car parks in the structure and the asphalt is well paved with no potholes or crevices

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank anonimoaoa
Reviewed 16 July 2020

the hotel is in a very good location, the houses are very comfortable and equipped. Employees are concerned and polite. the hotel has its own beautiful beach. Also the pool is fine. An ideal place for families with children ...

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank 949o_uzk
Reviewed 12 October 2019

I am writing this review while waiting to return home.

First of all the views are amazing and the rooms are nice and clean but that is the only nice thing I can say about this hotel.

The food is something else not nice at all very repetitive and always cold. We was told when we arrived that because we were half board we can eat at the a la carte restaurant with 20% off, so yesterday we went for lunch they did not take the 20%off, when we went to the reception to complain we were then told if was only dinner we get 20% for (was only told this after we ate there) the waitress brought us a bottle of water over and filled our glasses (we did not ask for this so assumed it was complimentary) to find she had charged us for it after, they slap at €2 pp tax charge on your receipt which they don't tell you until after you have eaten.
We ate at the pool bar one of the days, (noticed how I said ONE) we did not eat there again, my husband had the hamburger, it was rock hard and cold, I had the brushetta was also rock hard and cold it cost us €23 for that meal was definitely not worth a fraction of that.

There is no entertainment which is stated just a woman singing (if that's what you call it) English classics that she doesn't even know the words to, completely ruined good music.

Staff are very rude, specially the reception staff, they don't want to acknowledge what you are telling them.

One afternoon after having too much to drink the night before, we decided to have a kip, we put the do not disturb button on so the cleaners didnt enter, well, before we even had time to open our eyes after them knocking once they used there key and entered the room we told them not today but obviously if you put the do not disturb button on they should not have entered very rude if you ask me.

The drinks are so expensive so the day we went into town we stocked up. The beers alone are €6 and if you want a spirit and mixer then it will set you back €10 definitely not worth the money.
All in all I would definitely not come back can not wait to get home really

Just to get into town and back it cost €20.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank tushwzie34
Reviewed 30 September 2019

Great Value package, worth the upgrade. Lovely large room with bath and shower, huge comfy bed with linen/towels changed nearly every day, three restaurants to choose from, two included in the upgrade HB package as was 2 hours daily in the great spa with multiple pools. Great there was no hiccup despite Thomas Cook (our tour operator) going bust on the day after arrival. Nice beach - but unfortunately ten minutes walk (or half-hourly buggy ride) down a dusty track, and the only amenity there were loungers so no toys or bar/catering, and only a portaloo. Staff, especially housekeeping and bar/restaurant, very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts great, especially pastries, other meals a bit hit or miss but generous quantities. A la carte restaurant/pizzeria expensive and ordinary. Nice main pool, salt-water
Negatives : a bit remote down a very long driveway with no other amenities/facilities close by; no communication from reception staff, or room guide, about facilities, shops on site, timing of events, tours available etc; no in-room tea/coffee facilities (but there is a small no-ice fridge); free shuttle to San Teodoro only an 8-seater mini-van every hour during the day (not evenings) with drop-offs only at the beach or (non-central) bus station; a bit of a scrum when most guests arrive when restaurant doors open for dinner at 7.30pm.

Room tip: superior rooms are larger, probably quieter.
2  Thank Carrington1
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Let me start by saying that both my wife and myself spent a relaxing week at the Grande Baia. our plan was always to spend a week by the pool recharging our battieries in the late September Sardinian sunshine. so far so good.
I don't want to write bad things about this hotel but i will be honest.
we were placed in a disabled room of which I have no problem whatsoever, however the shower had no screen which meant every time we had a shower the bathroom completely flooded, this rendered the bathroom unsueable without footwear. I mentioned this at the reception two days running, when eventually someone came to try and sort the problem the answer was to turn down the water pressure. This of course meant a vastly reduced shower flow and still the room flooded. An invasion of ants was dealt with much quicker. Had the ants made their way to the bathroom they would have just drowned. The room was cleaned every day and was abosultely spotless.
I've been wondering at what point i should mention the restaurant!!!!!! well here goes.
I have to be brutal. As you enter the room there is nothing short of a stampede where angry guests spend the most uncomfortable hour dodging each other. When you eventually find an empty table you are presented with an empty water bottle which you have to to join a 10 minute queue to fill where again angry guests then have the embarrassment of watching their water "dribble" into the bottle. The food served here is an embarrassment to Italian cuisine. All the food is at best tepid with an unbelievably sorry array of choices. On three occasions i just made myself a ham sandwich and believe me I'm not usually a fussy eater but seeing Rabbits with head still attached and ready to carve was too much for me.Unusually there were no hot fresh vegetables available however there was a good choice of deserts. Breakfast was also chaos. This time you had to queue 10 minutes for coffee and tea. A so called chef fried eggs that were so undercooked they made me feel rather sickly. One morning all the boiled eggs had gone so i asked the chef if he wouldn't mind just flipping a couple of fried eggs for me. I have never in all my travels been spoken and gestured to in such a rude manner by such an unfriendly and ignorant member of staff. I have to tell you i returned to my table so angry that at that point i could have easily gone home. disgusting behavior. see below for egg pics. Drinks here i believe are overly expensive. a gin and tonic will set you back 8-10 euros and a beer 5-8 euros. A trip to the nearest town on the hotel shuttle bus is 10 euros each.These trips have to be booked in advance. one night we ate in the hotel pizza restaurant. A starter, main and desert cost 90 euros without drinks. A small private beech is a 10 minute walk. There are 2 porta loos "very unpleasant" and nowhere to get a drink.
The pool is a good size with plenty of sun beds and the pool surrounds are jet washed every morning. There is a snack bar selling tepid food. I ordered a burger that was dry and cold. After taking a bite i asked the waiter if i could have a hot one. The same burger came back, placed down heavily on the table by a very grumpy waiter only this time even dryer and still not hot. I could not eat it or be bothered to send it back again another wasted 10 euros. see burger pic below. If you think i am being a moaning Brit, let me tell you this was the opinion of lots of guests most of whom were German. Night time entertainment consisted of 6 nights of a young lady singing very loudly, the same songs over and over to about half a dozen guests.
Im not telling you not to visit the Grande Baia as i would never do that and after all its only my opinion, as you may enjoy eating cold food and staff being rude to you. how ever if you do decide to visit look out for the points i have made and write your own review. One more tiny thing. The management appears to be insulted if you give feedback and would be wiser to act on it.

4  Thank Hatts22