See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

This is a great little hotel (the first in Otranto), well located, right next to the beach in the main part of town. The staff are super friendly and helpful. Car parking was easy and cheap at 5 euros per day. It's offsite, just a short walk down the road. Remembering that this is a 3 star hotel, it's certainly not luxury, but it certainly is clean, comfortable, safe, and well located. Dog lovers will love the small dog that sleeps behind the reception desk and welcomes pats. The breakfast is very basic but they make a fresh espresso and they have fresh croissants. WiFi is only available in the foyer. Ultimately, we were made to feel like total guests here and the staff were so hospitable. It's great value. Recommended :)

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart A
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

My family and I holidayed in Otranto for one week in early August and stayed at Hotel Miramare. We all had a really lovely stay, the weather was great.. So so hot but quite often with a sea breeze. The location is spot on, surrounded by different beach clubs, restaurants, shops, pharmacies etc. there is also a small supermarket about 100 metres from turning right out of the hotel. The hotel is above an amazing dessert/ ice cream cafe called Martinucci, my sisters and made a stop here almost everyday at about 4 o clock, the desserts and delicious and amazing value. We relaxed at Atlantis beach club every day, which was a nice, scenic 15 walk from the hotel, it's a lovely sandy beach with clear blue water and a cafe with a good menu for all ages. I would also add that it is a 'children's' beach.. We didn't realise this until half way through the week, but it didn't bother us. We had a lovely breakfast in the hotel every morning, which consisted of fresh bread rolls, lots of lovely cakes and sweets, fruit, cereal, yoghurt and beautifully made coffees and orange juice. The hotel wifi is great! There is a lovely courtyard before the reception where I sat most night web surfing. The hotel is a real traditional Italian hotel, all is safe and clean, air con is brilliant. Fish is incredibly popular in this town which my parents and elder sister were pleased about but my younger sister and I aren't too keen, but we still had a lot to chose from.. There is amazing spaghetti bolognaise in the restaurant 'Ristoronate'.. About 50 m from Hotel Miramare. Staff at hotel so so lovely and helpful!! My parents will definitely be back, if not all of us. FYI regarding ages my sisters and I are 18,19 and 22.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank carnegiegal
Reviewed 15 August 2015

The 5 of us. My wife and 3 grown up daughters stayed at Hotel Miramare for 7 great days. The hotel is fantastically located being by the water super restaurants and bars but quiet at the same time. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2015

A great hotel. Built in 1947-8 it was the very first hotel in Otranto. It has a slightly other worldly feel to it. Very well situated, minutes from the beach. Friendly staff. It would suit families, solo travellers or couples. Pets seem to be welcome. Interesting collection of paintings.

Room Tip: Spacious, airy, all in all quite perfect and reasonably priced.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank 110Margaret
Reviewed 4 July 2015

Although Hotel Miramare is undeniably dated in its decor, the friendlinesss of the welcome is unsurpassed. The lovely lady on Reception was especially helpful in recommending restaurants and things to do. Our room was dated but spotlessly clean; the balcony table and chairs could do with replacing. A downside was the fact that WiFi was only available in the hotel lobby.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple