All reviews nice hotel stayed here for nights cakes good size old town low season tea and coffee pleasant stay pool bar enjoyed our stay minute walk balcony housekeeping sunbeds puglia shuttle
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent rooms with some rooms having tea making facilities ours didn't but reception organised one when we requested .
There as part of tour , very good location easy walking into Otranto which has many good places to eat.
Breakfast more than acceptable , we did not eat there in evening so can't comment.
Rooms are large and comfortable , staff mainly helpful , lovely pool area.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2016

I stayed in April for 4 nights. The pool, pool area, pool cafe and hotel bar were closed. I recommend you check with the hotel before you book to see what is operational during your intended stay. The restaurant was open for breakfast and only one night for dinner. I did not have dinner there. Breakfast was basic with lots of cakes and bread based foods but limited protein options.

My room was huge. Included was a room safe and kettle with coffee and tea available. Glasses, mugs and a bottle opener were also provided. There was a bar fridge stocked with water, a beer and a small bottle of wine available for a price. The room was spotless, and most of the furnishing were modern and clean. Oddly, some of the furniture was trashed and in bad shape. The soap dish was a nasty wooden thing with peeling paint, why was this left in the room? There was a rainfall showerhead but not enough water pressure so the shower was more of a constant dribble. The room had a spa tub but I didn’t use it because I could see the jets were dirty. The AC was very quiet.

The hotel is a very short walk to the waterfront and old town. Tons of dining options there. I was on the first floor which had no views of the town or water, and looked up to the pool area over a wall. Unsure what you can see from a higher floor. Included WiFi was very slow. I was just checking email and doing some light internet work. Downloading might be impossible.

They do not change the sheets during your stay unless you specifically request it. Every morning it was a battle with housekeeping to get a second towel – even though I was reusing one of the two. The halls are motion sensor activated. While I applaud the energy saving measure I did not enjoy returning to a pitch black hallway at night as the sensors were slow to respond to my movement in the hall. During the day when there is outside light in the hall you can see the hall carpets are filthy.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank wheres-fluffy
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Spent seven nights late October,
Rooms very nice but beds hard as rocks
,Breakfast was not four star standard,
It is spa hotel but BEWARE they charge you 20 euros a day per person to use it, but then the spa was not open every day,when it was some things were not working, jaccuzi and the haman steam were not working and the receptionist was very off hand.
I found all the other staff were extremely pleasant and helpful nothing was too much bother

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rallihart
Reviewed 25 July 2015

We were looking for a hotel within walking distance of a town with a pool and this certainly fitted the bill. The staff were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
We arrived early and our room was ready, we had requested a room overlooking the pool which is what we got. The air conditioning was very welcome and efficient.
The hotel is only a very short walk from the centre of town and the beach. The town has so many superb restaurants and bars that we didn't eat in the same one twice in a week.
We stayed at the end of June and the generally had the pool pretty much to ourselves on the days that we were there. Having read some of the reviews, people have been quite critical of breakfast. To be fair there is a reasonable selection of cold meat, cheese, fruit, cakes etc..., which is plenty to get your day started. They also were happy to do freshly cooked egg products as well. The weekend was a little challenging for the staff at breakfast as there was one very large group which probably didn't help. I would suggest getting down a little earlier for breakfast at the weekend.
Overall our experience was very good and would have no hesitation is staying again and recommending others do the same.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2015

We have just stopped at this hotel and were really pleased that they let us check in 3 hours early ! Rooms are comfortable but ideally you want ones on the back level 2 and above as you can then see the pool. Great air con ! Breakfast is very poor as all a bit boring no fruit etc. Check out is 10 am !!! Check in is 4pm ! What's that all about. They had no change at reception when you come to pay your city tax. Overall it was an ok hotel as it had a pool however they closed it early on one day as had a party who had booked it ( what about the guys who have already paid for it's use as residents of the hotel?

Room Tip: Close to the centre of town, get a room on level 2 and above at the back of hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family