See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Excellent. Rooms a little dark. Excellent location and charm. Well organized services, friendly and professional staff. Top food and beverage.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Carnama
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Baia Dei Turchi. I found the room to be comfortable (even if a little dark between the decor and only the double door as a source of light), the staff to be friendly and accomodating, the pool and grounds were well kept and clean and a nice way to spend a few hours in between activities. The plumbing could have been better, but this is a minor detail that hardly reflected on the quality of my stay. I only ate dinner there my first night, it was a large buffet, served at 8:30 with only pasta... they were all good, but I'd have liked to have seen more vegetables and meats or fish. The breakfast buffet had too many sweet things for my taste, but enough other things that I was able to happily eat every morning. You could order lunch by the pool, which was quite good. I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We originally booked 6 nights here but actually left after only one. I could probably stop there, but… just to give a flavour…

General ‘feel’ and state of repair of the place is poor, e.g. the so-called “Garden Restaurant” looks like someone’s junkyard, décor in the rooms is shabby (shower unit was hanging off the wall), tennis and basketball courts badly in need of some remedial attention. I would say the pictures on the website are seriously outdated.

Staff are, to say the least, variable. A couple of the front-of-house people were pleasant enough, albeit rather too keen to emphasise what you needed to do to make their lives easier rather than the other way around. However, the waiting staff were almost comically terrible – monosyllabic, inattentive, and rude. There is no excuse for this at a hotel which charges this sort of prices.

Most bizarrely of all, the much-vaunted “six restaurants” thing is absolute nonsense. I am really puzzled as to how the hotel (and strangely even some previous reviewers) can describe there as being a ‘choice’ of where to eat. That is a serious misrepresentation. The reality is that there is no choice whatsoever. Admittedly, yes, there are (allegedly) six different locations where food is served. However the hotel decides in advance where, when and even what you are eating.

Our own dining experience at the “pool restaurant” started by waiting with all the other diners at a gate, where we had the privilege of watching the staff putting our pre-ordained starters onto the tables about 20-30 minutes before we were eventually allowed through to eat them. Having managed to gulp some of it down – it was pretty wretched but we were famished – a morose waiter brought over a few fatty lumps of meat which he had just burnt for us on a nearby chimenea. A polite request for some more wine to help blot out the taste of all this was curtly refused. We ended our first and only night listening to what seemed to be a steadily-worsening series of dog-fights outside the walls and wondering whether we had accidentally booked a walk-on part in a Puglian version of the Amityville Horror instead of a relaxing vacation.

I cannot stress enough that, having seen this place for myself, I really do not comprehend the rating that it presently enjoys on TripAdvisor. Personally I have real doubts as to whether some of the positive reviews (particularly those written in rather broken English, which in retrospect I suppose did seem a bit odd) are genuine. To me, however nice it might have been when first constructed, this place gives every appearance of being on its way into the ground. I would avoid it at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
17  Thank Tom-P-BOA
Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for a short time in September, it was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. The cost was 200 euros per night per couple including evening meal. It was advertised as having 6 different restaurants to choose from. On arrival we were told that we had to eat at the poolside restaurant at 8.30 that evening. Some of the restaurants looked like they had not been in use for some time. We went down to the pool at 8 to have a pre dinner drink and were told this was not possible. At that time all the starters were already on the tables even though dinner was not until 8.30. We ordered wine with dinner and then asked for some more wine with dessert but were told that we could not order more wine!! The service was absolutely appalling & the food was v poor, v fatty pieces of beef and prawns that were far from fresh. The rooms were v basic and tired looking and needed a good clean. The shower head was hanging off the wall in our bathroom. The pool looked amazing but was rarely used. This place has lots of potential but is currently being run very badly. I would definately not return!!

• Stayed: September 2012
7  Thank LPJcardiff
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We spent only 3 night at Baia dei Turchi, but we would like come back again very soon!
It is really pretty and people is so friendly and effective! Very good standard, beautiful beach, great service at lunch on the beach; amazing swimming sea clean water with withe sands. Perfect refreshing swimming poll.
Really a good escape!