See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel was very accomodating for our late arrival. Our room was a short walk from the main building (5min) - luckily it was dry otherwise bring your umbrella. Rooms are large but very basic, bed are not too comfortable. However breakfast is very good with a large selection of breads, meats and nice fresh fruits.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Fine hotel, couple of minutes walking to Kempen city center.

I actually found my on the 2nd floor room spacious, quite long.
Badroom is fine, ok shower is in the bath, but at least they have an anti-slip thingie you can put in. Breakfast is very good, wide selection of things to choose from.
They have their own free parking behind the hotel, but in fact there's enough free parking there anyway.
I prefer it to the Kolpinghaus in Kempen I've stayed in before.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Had to stay in Kempen for a short business trip.

The hot water and the internet in my room were not working. Even thought is a family run business, I got little help and during the 5 days of my stay the problems were not fixed and the staff was very unfriendly.

The rooms are really small...

It is clean thought, but even if it is cheap it is not worth the price. There are better options in Kempen.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Guillermo F
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Very nice Boutique Hotel in central Kempen. Staff was very courteous and helpful. Rooms were very comfortable and well appointed. Breakfast had a good selection and tasty. Definitely will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2015

After visiting friends in the area, my boyfriend and I wanted to spend some time with just the two of us. Following a recommendation of someone who knows the area very well, we chose to spend two nights at Hotel Papillon. We felt so welcome at reception, just like arriving on a mini holiday. The room "Tag am Meer" (Day at the Beach) was very spacious and tastefully decorated. After our hectic weekend with friends, we appreciated the aura of the room, we could really feel the relaxation of the sea. The town is very cute, lots of opportunities for nice walks. And if you are more going for the really big action, Düsseldorf is super close as well.

All in all, we came home super satisfied after two really romantic and relaxing days. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Tag am Meer (Day at the Beach) - thought- and tasteful design, very spacious, large bathroom
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple