See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

The Tauberhotel Kette was perfect for me. I had to find a room quickly, and got a single room for just 65 euros, river view, very clean and comfortable. The staff were all very nice. There’s a small elevator, so I didn’t have to schlepp my suitcase upstairs. The terrace overlooking the river is a great place for dinner or a drink. The location is quiet, but you do hear the clock tower bells every 15 minutes, but I think it’s a beautiful sound and I insist on sleeping with windows open. No air conditioning, but I’m hot June nights were very cool and kept the room comfortable.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We didn't stay at the hotel but we did drop in for an early evening drink on their riverside terrace. It was a hot day and the terrace is nicely shaded by trees so was a very pleasant place to have my first 'dunkel' of our holiday. The waitress also gave us all a small glass of schnapps on the house. You can't access the terrace from the river path so you have to go in via the main entrance on Lindenstrasse.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank CampFreddy
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This hotel is situated on the very edge of the old town - walk across the road, down an alley and you are amongst the half-timbered houses surrounding the market place square. Front of house was very helpful. The Rooms, generally, either overlook the road or back onto the river. The river view is nice but there is a railway on the other side of the river though the noise of the occasional train is not excessive. The room is what I call 'hotel size', big enough for a double bed, wardrobe, dressing table and occasional table and not much else. Looks quite new. The bathroom is very small but modern and clean and the small shower compartment has a powerful shower.
There is free wifi but it didn't work in our room but fine in reception..
Breakfast is good - continental style and help yourself - so cereals, toast, boiled egg and fruit, if you don't want cooked meat and cheese (like me).
We booked a hotel car park which we were glad of but I think you need to pre-book because spaces are few. The town is great to walk round but you only need one day to do all the sights. The walk up to the castle is worth it.
All in all, so long as you get this for a decent price, then I would recommend it.

Room tip: Thinks overlooking river would be quieter
Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank phils_dad
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I have stayed several times at Tauber Hotel Kette. The hotel has simple rooms but with good value for money and is very clean. Friendly staff. Good Greec restaurant in the basement. Nice terrace with view on Tauber river. Jos Geenen Weert

Room tip: Good value for money!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I stayed here last year in December.
I booked via email and everything was OK.
We got a clean room with twin beds as I requested. Nice view from the room, right to the river with playing ducks. Good breakfast.
Private parking garage under the building - EUR 8,-/night.

Date of stay: December 2015