All reviews his wife the owner cannot speak highly enough homemade bread usual tourist local dishes food is excellent off season bacolod city francis sand bungalow boat paradise beach resort kinilaw
Reviewed 5 December 2014

If you are looking for the ultimate relaxing place, this is it! We've been stranded here cause we couldnt find our booked hotel..what a paradise! Spending our days on the lovely quit beach, playing pool and games and enjoyed the lovely food. Try the vegetable ravioli ajillo!!! Next time Philipinnes for sure we will come back! Great snorkling on the wreck. Francis have some really nice pictures from it ;) greetz Stefanie & Wouter

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline S
Reviewed 7 November 2014

We just had an overnight stay at Bermuda Beach, and I would say that the experience was unforgettable! The owner (Francis) was there the moment we arrived and personally showed us the whole resort. The food were remarkably delicious, especially kansi beef and Carne preta. The staff were very polite, assuring that we are having a comfortable stay at the resort. We even had a friendly pool game with one of the guests. The environment was very peaceful, which allowed us to relax and enjoy our vacation. :) lovely place!

• Stayed: November 2014
1  Thank Jg T
Reviewed 31 October 2014

We have just finished a week long stay at Bermuda Beach Resort and cannot speak highly enough of how friendly and wonderful the staff and owners (Francis and Zinada) were. We rented bungalow 4, it was a huge room, very clean, great fan and big outdoor living space. We ate every meal at Bermuda and they were all wonderful and cooked exactly as we ordered. We did a snorkel trip to the wreck as well and I'd absolutely recommend it (there is a dive shop right next door for anyone wanting to dive). The beach in front of the resort was always raked and clean, this was not so for much of Sugar Beach, at least while we were there. We enjoyed the company of the owners so much that we stayed up many evenings playing pool and talking with them. This was a really peaceful, quiet and unbelievably friendly place to stay, a must for Sugar Beach!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 08HeatherR
Reviewed 29 October 2014

oct 25, 2014, first day at the resort, we order a lunch but food not available then i in up ordering chicken carry and it was terrible. Next day they clean our room but the towel we put it in the floor, that we already used , they hang it back in the rock, so that we have to use it again i was very disappointed and we told the owner, but he was laughing, so next day we decided to move to TaKatuka resort, but that morning, we told him that we are not happy here, then he slap his hands in the counter in front of my friend face and yelling to us, he said you cannot go, our friend said to the lady in the front desk that give me my bill we will check out but he is in front of my friend face to face yelling to him and push my friend I see it in my two eyes and he was really angry. So i decided to cover my friend, to let him go then francis the owner of this Bermuda resort run and went to Takatuka Resort where we moved out, and tell them that we cannot go here or we cannot move in Takatuka Resort, and again he was yelling to the owner of Takatuka Resort.

• Stayed: October 2014
8  Thank Minnie0398
bermudasipalay, Gérant at Bermuda Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2014

Thanks for taking the time to add a comment on our resort.
Some points need to be clarified.

1. “Food was not available then I in up ordering a chicken carry ???? and it was terrible”.

We think that you were probably mixing us up with another restaurant for 2 reasons:

(i) In Bermuda food is always available!
(ii) We don’t have any 'terrible chicken carry' on our menu, but we do serve an excellent chicken curry!

2. Concerning the towel on the floor, our new Room attendant thought it had fallen on the floor and hung it back on the rack.
When our Housekeeper received your complaint in this very 'friendly' way, which obviously goes with your easy way of life, she immediately gave you a clean one.
I didn’t laugh about it for the simple reason I was ignorant of it until I read your comment about this terrible mistake.

Bermuda Beach Resort is a nice resort situated on a fantastic beach for people who like to swim. It is very safe for children as there is only sand and water.
The beach has a marvelous advantage in that it is situated where there are no roads. This means that it is only accessible by boat with no traffic, no pollution and no noise.
You were travelling with your private car and when you called us to get information on how to reach our resort, you were extremely irritated when we told you to leave your car in Sipalay City and that you would be picked up by our boat and brought to Bermuda.
We had to listen to your complain about it endlessly. I can only assume that you cannot bear to be parted from your car, but as there are no roads you would not be able to drive it anyway!
You booked for 4 nights (with deposit) and suddenly decided after 2 nights to move to the next resort.
How can we manage a resort if the guests change their bookings 'on a whim' like this?
We could accept it if there is was a good reason for this sudden change of mind, but a small mistake by a member of staff which was quickly and graciously remedied does not necessitate such action.
Bermuda is clean with comfortable bungalows and rooms, and a pleasant restaurant and bar where we serve fresh and excellent dishes.

3. Concerning the slap on the counter and what you call “yell”.

We did our best to make your stay comfortable.

Nobody will accept being called a cheat in his own home without reacting in his own defense.

I’m not a cheat and I didn’t push anyone, I just put my body in the way when the guests wanted to leave before the bill was settled.

4. I never said that you can’t go to Takatuka, I asked that you stay in Bermuda until we sort out this problem.

We have a very good relationship with our excellent neighbour Takatuka, and I was not “yelling” over them.

So, to resume, I think we have a different philosophy of life and we will very probably never take holidays together again.

We are now slowly approaching Christmas time (in the Philippines, we can already feel it). Time that everybody will enjoy whilst waiting for this peaceful and beautiful event.

We say in French “Paix aux hommes de bonne volonte” in English “Peace and goodwill to all men”.

Bermuda Beach Resort sincerely wishes you an early Merry Christmas.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great place and very quiet. Took the bus from Dumaguete, the trike to the river, boat across, and the .5k walk over the sands to Bermuda Beach Resort and was completely worth it. Inexpensive, clean, spacious, quiet, relaxing, friendly.... Could go on and on about how we enjoyed our stay but the main highlights are how nice the place is and how incredibly friendly and helpful the owners and staff are. We stayed in #4 bungalow with the ship shaped bed which was a hit with our son. Fan room a little bit off the beach but with plenty of airflow. No other guests at the time but doubt that even if it was completely full that the noise of other guests would be too noticable. The food was great and plenty to chose from. Our weather was far from perfect but that didn't take away from our experience. I don't write reviews but could not pass up spreading the word about this place and the completely wonderful owners of Bermuda Beach Resort. Would happily return!

Room Tip: #4 was interesting. Never saw any of the other options but believe they are all nice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family