All reviews themed rooms board games owners and staff light switches games room mad max creature comforts filipino dishes dive resort other hand pool table long trip shallow water a great place to relax clean rooms hidden gem air conditioning
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Theme rooms are awesome and so was the service. I’ve been to a lot of beach resorts, especially in Boracay. But nothing beats the food at Takatuka! Food is amazing! Excellent diving and super clean beach & water! And thank god - no crowds of tourists. No annoying vendors.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2018

Before I arrived at Takatuka, i kind of had a sneaky suspicion it would be wonderful...The webiste itself speaks volumes and when you arrive it's 100 times even more impressive than anything on the web.

The owners have gone to such a great detail in their building and designing of the hotel, that it really is a masterpiece. My partner and I stayed in El Castillo which was designed as a sort of medieval room with wonderful little touches, including the light switch being a sword!

The cleanliness in the whole place is outstanding. Having lived in the Philippines a while this is someing quite hard to achieve with dust, bugs etc etc. But Takatuka's staff are extremely well trained and caring that their cleanliness is fantastic. Room was cleaned every day, and the staff were extremely helpful, polite and spoke very good English.

The owners in house dog, Ozzie is a beautiful German Shepard dog, who kept us company and added that little extra homey feel to the place.

Thanks for having us guys, and I think this will be a regular spot for us to visit ! :)

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I booked the rooms (Rockadelic and Treasure) through email and was directly communicating with the owner Karl who is very patient with all my queries and changes in my booking.

The resort is the most expensive in the Sugar beach but it is worth the money. The rooms are planned out well and the themes and designs are out of the box. The kids and the kids at heart will definitely love it. You will never ran out of things to do since they have board games, books, foosball, pingpong..aside from the watersports activities and the beach.

Was not able to try the food as we were dining in the resorts nearby. However, i can say that it is a bit pricey but I am pretty sure that it tastes really good. Just as the same as our daily breakfast. The breakfast option is not a lot. But it has everything you would have wanted. This is one of the best breakfast i had. I do suggest to eat outside where you can see the beach.

There is wifi and network signal, but since it was raining hard, at some point, it has lost connection.

There is a free galloon of water in the room, coffee and tea, shampoo & soap, towel. Toothbrush and toothpaste are not included so better bring your own.

The staffs are all friendly and accommodating. This is one reason why we like this resort.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

After 3 years not visiting we decided for going to the Philippines again.

And if you go there - do the right thing - visit Takatuka!

We did it for the 4'th time.

And this time for 6 weeks!

Perfect!

Cathy and Kalle are awesome people.

Their staff are amazing.

The rooms are beyond imagination.

The food ..... - gained kilos!

Already booked 1 month next year.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Very cool, amazingly creative designed resort. Very spacious and very clean rooms and the owners and staff made us feel very welcome ! Surroundings and beach are amazing too ! Keep it up - we’ll be back

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple