All reviews diving resort swiss owner pool bar paid in advance housekeeping staff prices are reasonable rooms are clean white sand beach hour drive enjoyed my stay family vacation boat tour other guests the cliff nice beach fish homemade bread
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Located in a bay around 4km south of Sipalay and around 7km away from sugar beach.
Private part of a beach were you can chillout. Lovely staff, very friendly ppl who do everything to make you enjoy your stay. A German diving instructor can teach you diving in the sea or just at the pool. Lovely basic bungalows with view at the ocean. Basic breakfast is for free but coffee cost extra (don't know why) . You can rent a Kajak or go on tours. You have everything you need. Last order at the restaurant is 8:30pm .... Prices are reasonable. The people here are so friendly. The pool is clean and there is also a little pool bar. The beach is clean and there are around 3 other small resorts next to each other. You can walk the beach for a bit but ultimately it's a bay so you can't get far. The next town is 4km away .... You have to take a tricycle to get there. I really enjoyed my stay. It's peaceful and really quiet. It's perfect if you want some downtime. Not really for younger people as there are no parties, clubs, bars etc.
Everything is clean and well maintained.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Better than I expected
The room is spacious & very clean with a great ocean view
The staff are very professional & welcoming they were a pleasure to deal with & chat to
The food over 3 days & nights I can’t fault as we tried many dishes between my partner & myself
I also feel the menu & prices a very reasonably priced
And you don’t have to go diving to enjoy this place as you can go on a boat tour just to view the fish , islands & have a swim in clean clear water
I won’t hesitate to book the place again I highly recommend a sea view unit everybody here is friendly & will help make your stay a pleasure

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2017

true Philippine hospitality.
through the week we stayed there everyday people were greeting us, inquiring about how things were going and if we were satisfied. all with friendly smiles and excellent service at the restaurant.
restaurant by the way which serves clearly above average food in the Philippine resort landscape we have visited.
bungalow we stayed at was simple but well organized, cheerful, clean. AC, terrace. all you need.
diving is a wide choice with some pretty good options. maybe too much silty so you have to be careful on the selection of dive sites. some spots have lots of dead corals and bare rocks. some other have healthy coral garden. an excellent week. and we had decent visibility.

just ONE POINT. i long hesitated to make two entries for our stay with a not so good diving rating. there is lots of choice, so look into the dive site you are interested in. if you have experience, better dive with local guides (we had dives with Rey which were very good and well briefed). But better avoid the instructors who clearly lean on the "easy diving choice", focus on OWD or discover scuba actually, but could seem like they have not been diving the site for a while and "get lost".

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2017

The Swiss owner Arthur and his wife Evelyn have spent 20 years building this hotel in Sipalay from scratch and they have done a wonderful job. It's a great hotel in a beautiful tranquil setting, reasonably priced.

You can read the reviews on this website from my previous visits to Artistic Dive discussing the hotel and diving. I just wanted to emphasize here the real treasure there is the staff. They are perhaps the friendliest and most helpful group that I have ever encountered in my years of travel in the Philippines. Between them, the other guests and the general welcoming laid back vibe of the area, staying there is like having an extended family. Well done and thanks!

Room Tip: All rooms share same view and general location
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2017

If you hit the timing right, this crescent beach is lovely with broad-sweeping white sand beach and the sunsets can rival any.
The cabin I rented on the cliff-face was pleasant and clean, and the bed passable.
The food looks great, but if you get the surf n turf meals, the red meat can be tough and bland.
Service is great.
Great for other things too, as hard to miss wonderful diving experiences almost anywhere in the country.

Room Tip: Anywhere along the hillside has a decent view.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo