All reviews sugar beach shared bathroom relaxing place kind of place mosquito net huts nipa dorm php sunset
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Sipalay is a very small town with so many places to see. I was looking for places to stay and thank goodness I found Driftwood Sipalay!

Sugar Beach is a great place to stay in Sipalay. The location of this resort is right in the middle of the beach. From a far, you won't really see it because of the huge trees and when you go inside, you will be amazed by the lush garden they have in the resort.

I love the idea of Nipa huts! It's simple and very rustic. Just the kind of place I was really looking for on a holiday. The Inside is very cool and very clean. The bathroom has a hot and cold shower which is amazing. And the bed was very comfortable. I miss the idea of using a mosquito net.

The food were also delicious and they are good enough for two which is great. Do not forget to try the Satay and their pastas. On my last day, I tried the muesli and it was really nice!

And for this relaxing experience, you don't need to spend too much because the rooms were pretty much affordable. I only paid less than 1k for my room. That was very reasonable.

If you are looking for a very relaxing place away from all the busy lifestyle in the Metro. This is the place to be!

Room Tip: Try the Mhyna Hut! They are so cool!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2017

It's good value for money with lovely staff and beautiful surroundings.
Prices range from PHP 300 in the dorm, PHP 450-600 for bungalows with shared bathroom to PHP 800 for bungalows with private bath.
You get everything you need in Driftwood Village, but also have other choices along the Sugar Beach, if you wish to change location during the day or evening.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Isabel A
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Very nice place, very relaxed and friendly, great food!

Don't miss to do a short hike up the hill in the morning or evening. It takes about an hour and gives you an overwhelming view of the surrounding. Half way up lives a man called Cinto, who has travelled a lot, speaks almost fluently English and who has a beautiful soul. We met him walking up in the morning and then returned in the evening to talk more with him and enjoy the sunset :)

good chance to meet a fantastic person :)

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank BooRadley11
Reviewed 3 April 2017

I can't recommend this resort enough. Beautiful beach, check. Gorgeous grounds, check. Phenomenal staff, double check. The food didn't blow me away but it's solid, standard fare for the Philippines. Driftwood Village is a GEM.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anywhere4Animals
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Bacon,the Best I have ever had in all my Life ! All the food was fantastic,we loved it. For the 2 nights we spent there it cost us about 6200 P, that includes round trip boat transportation,all meals and drinks. It was a little more than we typically spend but Driftwood Village is not typical of the places we stayed at previously, it was special ! We had a comfy bamboo cottage with private bathroom. This place is very popular so I strongly recommend making reservations.The shaded pool table and foozball table in a shaded area by the bar were great. The service was super friendly and efficient,the owner has a dream staff.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple