All reviews one night during our stay delicious breakfast seafood puerto quito note condition sunset beach eating
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had short stay at this hotel. It was wonderful. Right on the ocean with beautiful gardens. Service was wonderful. The staff even opened the kitchen after hours to give us dinner when we arrived late the first evening. The beach is lovely. It is walking distance from bars and restaurants. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Blan K, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Puerto Ballesta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear,

Good morning, thank you for sharing your experience by this means. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed your experience with us, every day we are improving to provide a quality service to all our guests.
We hope to have your visit in a new opportunity, it will be a pleasure to serve you.

Best regards,
Nelly

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I had a business trip to Esmeraldas early this year for two weeks, and after a long research on places to stay I decided to book in hotel Puerto Ballesta, mainly based on good reviews given by other customers. After my stay I could check by myself they all were really accurate. First of all the location was great, right in front of the beach in a very quiet area and away from the hustle of Atacames or Esmeraldas, within an easy and fast ride to both. The garden and pool areas are beautiful and very well kept, with hammocks from where you can enjoy the sunset with your favourite cocktail. The building was also in perfect conditions and well-conserved. Note that it was hard to find building in such a good condition, especially after the earthquake that took place in the area last year. Secondly, the staff was so approachable and friendly, helping me out with every single detail I needed during my stay like getting reliable taxis, booking my transportation for Quito, recommending good spots to visit in the area.For my work, I barely had time to find places to eat apart from the hotel but I had no need to do so. The homemade food in the hotel restaurant is really tasty, plus they have a very varied menu - the “encocado de camarones” is a must-try! All in all, I found my stay in hotel Puerto Ballesta really enjoyable and I would definitively recommend this place. I would also like to take the opportunity to directly thank Analia, Nico and their staff to make me feel like at home!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2017

As I would be traveling by myself as a single woman, I was looking for a safe, accommodating and calm place to enjoy the beach with out the stress of being in town. Hotel Puerto Ballesta certainly delivers this and more. I arrived from Quito at 4:30 in the morning and had a comfortable and clean room waiting for me. Although the hotel directly abuts the beach, its about 10 minutes away from busier Tonsupa so I was able to calmly enjoy the beach, and private pool area. More than the physical attraction of the hotel itself, the staff are incredibly kind and accommodating. Not knowing the area extremely well, the reception became my life savior-- directing my to the local pharmacy, calling mototaxis, and loaning my books to read poolside. They even allowed me to extend my checkout time past the 12m standard to allow me a warm shower and secure place to store my belongings before caught my evening bus at 10:30. All in all, I would certainly recommend Hotel Puerto Ballesta and cannot wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Katrina H
Reviewed 28 December 2016

I travelled with my boyfriend from Quito, we arrived very early and they received us very welcomely, delicious breakfast. Room very comfortable, espectacular view. Overall the hotel has a gorgeous garden, it is a lovely sensation to be in a green area looking at the ocean. I will highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carla F
Reviewed 5 November 2016 via mobile

I visited this place with my wife during a holiday. Here's my review about it

Pros
- Clean & polite service
- Green areas
- Very nice view to the beach
- Abundant breakfast
- If you ask is pet friendly (although they should have a closed place for pets)
- Hamacas with ocean view

Cons
- The pool is quite small
- Why loud reggaeton & salsa music in the pool?
- Mattress & pillows were a bit uncomfortable
- Sheets, curtains and some part of their decoration didn't match

Summing up.
This place is nice. It has polite hosts and it's clean. They should target families (since is not the best choice for couples) and I would recommend it for some of my friends in Ecuador

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple