1,186 results
All reviews shopping centre dandenong ranges buffet breakfast cinema complex accor member hotel restaurant train station room service bowling alley per day yarra valley cafes and restaurants car park business hotel melbourne cbd mini bar last visit
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stayed at the Novotel Glen Waverley for two nights

Pros
- Clean and spacious rooms
- Hotel attached to shopping mall and lots of restaurants
- 5 minute drive to Coles
- Quiet and peaceful location in the suburbs

Cons
- Far out from the city centre

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hello ClarissaAce,

Thank you for your review, so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel.
Unfortunately we are a little drive from the city, but that is what we love about our location!
We do hope to see you again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

2nd stay but very very disappointed! They didn't provide the service they promised before! Front desk girl just didn't care what you talking about! Short of bath towel and they were not even clean!
Poor food for the buffet breakkie. Got burned when try to get the bread out of their hundred years old toaster!
Wouldn't choose again!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Iris H
Thank you for your review and comments, I have addressed them directly with my team. I am sorry to hear that you did not feel the service was up to standard and this disappoints me. I am sorry to hear that you will not return, however I do hope you change your mind.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Small 6 storey hotel located in a quiet suburb. Very near to Glen Waverley train station, <1h away from Melbourne CBD. Next to a cinema complex, lots of food options, good cafes nearby open from 7am to late night. Limited tv channels, only Australian channels (no HBO or movie channels expected of a four star hotel). Amenities are decent, but things like toothbrush and adapter are chargeable. Even guesthouses in Asia are able to provide simple amenities like these.

Housekeeping was “just enough”. I wrote a note to keep the ironing board, but it stayed for the week I was there. If this was in an Asian country where English is not the first language, still understandable. But in Australia, I do not think it is acceptable. On the last day, the iron was placed on the mini bar with the ironing board still next to it. I wonder why. Mini bar is small enough.

Shower tub only. Floods with water with more than 10-15min of shower. No shower curtain. TV Remote control is sticky and dusty, so is the iPod dock. I had to wipe to start using. Breakfast is expensive at AUD33, did not take it. There are cafes selling delicious breakfast starting at less than half that price.

Bed is comfortable and concierge is helpful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear linyh
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay with us. I really appreciate it - the best way to improve is to hear what our guests have to say and look into the comments - so thank you.
I will pass on your feedback to our team, especially the comments around cleanliness - we will address immediately.
I am sorry that you found our breakfast offering expensive, $33 is for the full breakfast buffet, we also offer an a la carte menu with lower price points - should you stay with us again soon.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights at Novotel Glen Waverley. The staff at the reception are very nice and happy to answer any questions. The room is spacious and clean with a lovely ensuite. Housekeeping did a great job. The gym is small but well equipped and I was able to get a treadmill without waiting. The hotel is attached to a mall with cinemas and lots of places to eat. If you walk through the mall out to the street behind, there are more restaurants. The train station is literally around the corner making it very convenient to get to Melbourne city centre. Just up the road within walking distance is a Shopping Centre with supermarkets and speciality shops. I would recommend a stay here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Andrew M, General Manager at Novotel Glen Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Good afternoon Kelley W
Thank you so much for your great review and ranking. So pleased to hear that you loved your stay with us. We love our location also. I will ensure to pass your fantastic feedback onto our team in particular housekeeping.
Regards

Reviewed 1 April 2018

i was there in early 2017 - a convenient location for one night close by to asian and middle eastern restaurants. basic type. parking issue if i recall correctly. nothing to stand-out but adequate for a good sleep in a convenient location.

Room Tip: good for one night sleep
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear Lakshmanan A
Thank you for your review! So pleased to hear that you found our location convenient, also pleased to hear that you slept well. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Regards