See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

I had to go to Puerto Rico on business and when the hotel on the property was booked, I looked into rental properties - I'm glad I did. This far surpassed my previous hotel stay at Palmas del Mar. The condo is immaculate, spacious, views from the balcony are fantastic and the only noise you hear is the sound of the ocean. It's fabulous! It's plenty big for two couples with enough entertaining space and has privacy at the same time. John and Drake are easy to work with and answer emails in a timely manner. My wife and sister joined me for part of the time and they loved it. My wife walked the property everyday and enjoyed the pool. We ate at many of the restaurants near by and had a great time. It's a nice ride to the rain forest and you can stop at Luquillo beach and the kioskos. I would definitely recommend this property and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank BoricuaBoston
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Beautiful Hotel .... lovely view and lovely ambiance very good service nice restaurants.... People are warm..... nice swimming pool lovely beach... rooms are neat and well taken care of...... People are cooperative.....

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights, and we thought there was a beach. Only in pictures. The location is very far away from the beautiful beaches, like Luquillo, Seven Seas..

If you want to drive 40 mins back and 40 mins forth, then pay for it.
I'll never come back or recommend it to anybody.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank MZS720
Reviewed 9 July 2015

Rented at Marbella Club, Cristimar Buidling, Unit 241. This rental unit has great views and the pool and the grounds are well kept. However this unit is in need of a makeover. The outdoor furniture is very tired and indoor furniture needs a good cleaning. We put sheets over the furniture as it was so dirty. Cockroachs in the master bedroom The laundry room sink leaked and hot water was not to be found, even after inquiring about the lack of hot water. It was hard to open the front door do to a difficult dead bolt and when our key broke in the lock, we were locked out of our unit for several hours. A call to the owners resulted in, "it was not their problem". Magda was able to get us a locksmith and the lock was fixed AT OUR EXPENSE We have returned home, and as of yet have not received our security refund. The owner claims first curtains were damaged and when challenged now they claim damage to a light. Have rented many villas on various islands and have never been taken advantage of before. Rent another unit

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
8  Thank Hellenemary
Reviewed 5 March 2015

I would not recommend this home! The home is very tired. Paint chipping off the walls, air vents are discolored and rusted. There are spots in the wall where they have patched the plaster but not painted the walls. The slide controls for the fans and lights are missing the knobs with just the metal part left. The sofas have stains all over them. In the first bedroom/study off the front door there is a window seat which was covered with bug corpses. They have stickups and motorized scent machines but that does not overcome the general musty odor. There must have been at least 15 stickups throughout the house. The refrigerator really smells musty-I have never smelled such a musty smell plus there was a huge orange collection of spilled something in the bottom of the freezer. The dishwasher must be 15 years old. The place was very dirty, my sons' white socks were dirty within minutes of removing their shoes. However, the worst part were the ants. They clearly are aware they have an issue as there are ant bait traps all over the kitchen counters-yuk and all over the master bedroom off the kitchen. The first night (and only night) we stayed there within minutes of me placing some food next to the kitchen sink as I prepared dinner, ants swarmed the plate, glass and food. They were allover the counter and all over the sink. They even crawled up my leg. In the master bedroom, they are all over the floor by the window/door and even have migrated into the commode room. In the bedroom that can be closed off as an efficiency, they were all over my daughter's shoes and we had to go out on to the veranda to shake them off. Prior to retiring for the night, my husband killed a 1 inch cockroach in the family room. When I emailed the owner, she simply said to call her which I did but she did not return our calls or offer a refund. Marbella is supposed to be the one of the luxury complexes in Palmas and perhaps the other condos are better. We own a house in Charleston so I understand tropical climate and the need for vigilant bug control, this has been left without professional exterminator intervention and I would not want to have anyone else experience this disappointment. I could not imagine renting this home out in good conscience to an unsuspecting family knowing that there are these issues.

Date of stay: March 2015