If you prefer the small, family owned, "local like" hotels to the big resorts, you will like this place. First we found the room quite dodgy, but after a couple of days and after seeing some alternative resort type accomodations, we started to like it very much. Yes, you need a car, but you need a car anyway if you want to see a bit more from the island than the local beaches. However, the place is not that distant from everything as some reviewers suggest. by car, it is maximum a 5 minutes drive to St Anne, where you can find fantastic beaches and many bars/restaurants to eat/drink. Le Gosier is a bit further, but can be reached in 10-15 minutes. The accomodation is in a very quiet place, so if sleeping well is important for you, it is a really good location. Here is a list of pros and cons:
- The room is OK, though a bit dated
- Sea view (if you chose a room with sea view)
- Breakfast is a nice continental French type meal (very fresh and delicious croissante and baguette with some fruits, jam and butter plus coffee, tea). Don't expect English breakfast with bacon, egg, etc.
- Location: close to the local beach (5 minutes by walk) and short drive to St Anne.
- Calm and quiet location
- Bed is comfortable
- The really bad thing (for me at least) was that the wall between the bedroom and the bathroom (including toilet) was not completed from the bottom to the ceiling, there was a 50-100 cm gap missing from the top. Additionally, the bathroom door couldn't be closed comletely as there was no latch on it. So it is not nice for obvious reasons...
- The wooden beams holding the roof together poured some resin and it was quite disgusting when they dropped on the ground.
- It didn't really concern me, but others may have a problem with the fact that in the room we stayed, the WiFi was not working at all (probably due to the distance from the access point). As I didn't plan to be on the internet very much during my vacation, I didn't really care. However, if they say there is free WiFi in the room then let's provide that.
In summary, this is not a 5 star Sheraton hotel and it looks a bit dated with some inconveniences with the bathroom. However, it is in a good location with close proximity to the beach and also has some local charm that you start to appreciate when you see the resorts in other areas of the island. And the last point is that this accomodation is quite cheap compared to others on the island, so I think it is value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 200m from the turquoise Caribbean Guadeloupe, on the beach of Petit Havre, this small hotel will seduce you with its style, its calm and blue colors dominating. The rooms overlook a tropical garden or the sea and the islands of Marie Galante and Les Saintes. Breakfasts and ti 'punch will be served in a nicely decorated hut, open on the huge pool and tropical garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Cap Sud Caraibes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Sud Caraibes Guadeloupe/Le Gosier