Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$300
PricelineUS$209
Orbitz.comUS$201
Trip.comUS$300
TravelocityUS$201
All reviews air france ocean view guadeloupe gosier sargassum
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2020

We stayed a week (approx Eu2k for a double b&b) which was about six days too long. The hotel reception and restaurant look good - classical-style, but the rest of the public areas especially the pool and beach are really run down. We had a superior room with a nice sea view which was OK but nothing special. The staff, with some exceptions, are poorly trained and rather surly but the managers are the real problem. They generally seem to hide in their office rather than being out on the 'shop floor'. The location is also not good Le Gosier is also run down and very built up. The hotel did not seem very full but in peak season I am sure that the small, public beach and the pool would be very crowded. Overall not recommended.

Room tip: If you really have to stay, go for a room in the Vanillie corridor
Date of stay: February 2020
4  Thank TherealDavidA
Reviewed 5 March 2020

A hotel just about out of town, long walk to cafes, nice rooms but disinterested staff, and we had 2 days without food or bar due to staff striking....expensive food , good spot for views but there are far better hotels locally.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed 30 January 2020

Booking: with Expedia. I emailed the hotel the day before travelling, to check that my reservation had been received, but the hotel only replied two days later, meaning I got the acknowledgement after I had checked-in. This really isn't good enough customer service.
Getting there: Gatwick to Paris, Charles de Gaulle, with easyJet. Airport transfer by Ligne 3 bus. Overnight stop at Orly. Orly to Point-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe with Air France. Transfer to hotel with airport shuttle bus (reviewed separately).
Check-in: efficient.
Room: I was given room 81 in the quiet, single-storey Habitation Vanille. The room was very good and had an ocean view. If you wish to enjoy the ocean view from your bath you should be aware that people might walk past!
Food: finw. The breakfast buffet was good although the hot choices weren't quite to the liking of this Brit, who sought salace in the quiche. I enjoyed eating out on the balcony. The three-course ;meno of the day' dinner, at E45, was only E2 cheaper than the three cheapest courses on the a la carte menu. I was disappointed by this meal. Better value, at E35, was a three-course lunch; each course was tasty, substantial and presented well.
Drinks: expensive. In the bar, a glass of house wine can be had for E7. Bottled beer - not sure if 25cl or 33cl - was E6.50. This compares with E6/0.5l at a nearby beach bar, or E3.60/0.5l at a decent restaurant out in the sticks. Had prices been more reasonable I would have used the bar more, and the hotel might have made more profit from me.
Beach: immediately adjacent. This is about 30m long and about 10m wide. A bar backs onto the beach and positions much of its furniture on the sand. The beach is a quiet location and offers safe bathing,
Sargassum: nil - despite my visit being at the end of the Sarassum season (March-December). Even if Sargassum was to make it here, the size and nature of the beach is such that a clean-up would be very easy.
Pool: I used this in the mornings, when most of the hotel's sun-seekers would favour the beach. The pool was, therefore, uncrowded. Water temperature was just perfect.
ATM: about 5 mins away at La Banque Postale. This has all the major logos on it.
Car-hire: I counted three rental operations in the immediate vicinity. Guadeloupe is, I think, one of those destinations where hiring a car makes sense.
Getting to the airport: Not wishing to use an expensive shuttle service again, I caught the bus. Leaving the hotel, turn left and walk about 300 metres down the hill, to catch bus no AE3. The trip to the airport is direct, takes about 35 minutes and costs a paltry E1.20. But check the time-tablle! I was disappointed that the hotel's Reception team met my query about the bus option with incredulity. They really should have information about this option at their fingertips - especially as what I saved on a taxi-fare paid for my lunch at the hotel!!!
Would I stay here again? I am unlikely to visit Guadeloupe again. If I were to holiday here again I would choose St Anne over Gosier. But if I had business in Point-a-Pitre, this hotel would be my first choice.

Room tip: I was very happy in Habitation Vanille.
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank Nicholas M
Reviewed 13 February 2019

the room is somewhat basic in term of decoration - the bed is good though- the view is top- the restaurant on the terrace is somewhat disappointing - this hotel would deserve a good remodelling to match the price asked for

Date of stay: February 2019
Vacationer766068, Directeur général at Auberge De La Vieille Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2019

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comment.
It would have been great to meet you so we could have discuss about your disappointment and what you would have find fair price as our property is a 4 stars ranked hotel.
A manager is always on site, happy to meet our customers.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2019

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for five nights over New Year and it utterly exceeded our expectations in every way. We stayed in the "Le Vanille" building, which I believe is classified as the third level of room. I would recommend spending a little extra money to get this type of room. The view from the completely glass-enclosed bathtub and bathtub straight onto the beach is spectacular. The small private beach is one of the best we visited in Guadeloupe. Never had a problem getting a lounge chair, and there is a cute cafe with casual food.

We really liked the more traditional Colonial-style decor of this hotel (more Ralph Lauren than a modern-style W) and the small, gracious customs like the welcome drink and the nightly local sweets. Hotel staff were incredibly helpful, making dinner reservations for us during the day when most businesses are closed. It definitely helps to speak French, as in all of Guadeloupe. We had the New Years Eve Reveillon dinner, and I particularly loved the Trou sorbet with local herbs. They were incredibly generous with the unlimited St. Emillion and the coupe de champagne included with the dinner.

The hotel really had every convenience, from late night room service, minibar to towel service, Nespresso maker, terrace, blow dryer, plenty of shampoos, conditioner, cotton pads and swabs, paper and magazines in French and English. The hotel's location in Le Gosier is a convenient spot from which to explore either Basse Terre or Grand Terre. Hubby had fun feeding the local iguanas from our terrace. We would gladly stay here again on our certain return to this wonderful island.

Room tip: Pay a little extra to have a bigger room
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lucile L, Directeur général at Auberge De La Vieille Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Dear Lisa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment after your stay with us!
Your good words are our best rewards!
We are delighted to here that you enjoyed your stay with us.

See you next year!