2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$117
Expedia.comUS$117
PricelineUS$117
eDreamsUS$117
HurbUS$135
ZenHotels.comUS$210
All reviews old victorian coach tour buffet style a wee bit each evening breakfast and dinner haggis short break bed and breakfast twin room family room strathmore fires lindsay highlands dog lounge
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2020 via mobile

We booked the hotel after another was cancelled by the hotel due to them closing.

When arriving at the hotel the reception was manned and we were quickly checked in with a smile. We booked a table in the restaurant and made our way to our room. The hotel had hand sanitiser at key locations which they encouraged you to use without being pushy.

The room was generous in size with both a bath and a separate shower. Views from the room were over the gardens which were well kept despite it being winter. The bed was comfortable and had the usual tea and coffee facilities.

The menu in the restaurant was pub food, but cooked very well. The garlic mushroom starter was creamy with plenty of garlic, and the chicken burger well seasoned. There appeared to be a single chap manning both the bar and acting as waiter, but he managed to do both without appearing to be rushed. Later in the evening he even chatted a little when most of the other diners had left.

The breakfast was delivered to the door due to covid and consisted of some pastries, toast, and coffee. I would of course have preferred it to have been served in the breakfast room, but completely understandable given the circumstances.

Checking out was very much like checking in, quick and with a smile.

I would not hesitate to stay in the hotel again, and would recommend to anyone in the area.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roguewader
Eva Bukszynska, General Manager at Nethybridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such glowing feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you would return.

Please keep an eye on our website for all of our current offers, many of which are not available on third party websites. Booking directly with the hotel guarantees the best possible value, including discounts on food and drink, free premium in room wi-fi and complimentary upgrades if available.

Eva Secker,

Reviewed 11 November 2020

We called in for lunch and were ushered to a cosy log fire by the young ladies who were really welcoming. Large chairs to relax in after home made soup. A real Highland experience. I must stay there next time I am in the area.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank John B

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Please keep an eye on our website to see all our available deals if you are thinking of staying with us in the future. Booking directly with the hotel gives the best value guaranteed, including complimentary upgrades if available, free premium wi-fi and discounts on food and drink.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

I stayed here for one night last week and I wasn't sure what to think on arrival. The staff are lovely and friendly, but the hotel has definitely seen better days.

I was trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, and the room I stayed in was nice if you ignored the need for refurbishment, but it got a bit worse...

The fire alarm went off at 3.30am with the smell of burnt toast wafting up the stairs. We then went back to bed, with the fire alarm going off again just before 4am, and this time we all had to stand outside until the fire engine came and the all clear was given around 4.30am.

The staff were all great, but the fire alarm added to the disappointment at the state of the hotel, and then when we went to check out, the receptionist tried to charge twice for the meal we had, putting it on both room bills rather than just the one. I had also hoped a small discount would be offered due to missing out on over an hour's sleep during the night, but nothing was reduced at checkout.

Overall, if you want somewhere to rest for a night it's okay to stop at, but just be aware you might not get a full night's sleep

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We welcome all feedback whether good or bad to make sure we are meeting guest expectations or where we need to improve.

I am sorry that your sleep was disturbed by the fire alarm, but I hope that you understand that in these instances we have to follow set protocol to ensure guest safety.

I'd like to apologise for the misunderstanding during checkout and I will personally ensure that our staff receive further training if necessary to prevent this happening again.

Unfortunately I do not know what room you stayed in, but we have been upgrading our guest rooms. Our classic style rooms are the ones that have an older style to them, but should still provide the basic needs of guests. These rooms are offered at a discounted rate which should still represent good value.

I'm glad that you had good service from our staff. I am very proud of them as they work really hard for our guests. I do hope that you can return to us in the future, perhaps staying in one of our refurbished superior rooms and give us an opportunity to show you the good value service our hotel is capable of.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2020

We were able to get a last minute deal here due to our original booking elsewhere being messed up. The rooms were warm enough and dry which was good. The windows painted shut, there was a broken plug socket in our room which a small child could have a very nasty accident with. The ground floor had a strong smell of damp at the bottom of the stairs. The decor is extremely tired and dates (its like 1985 came and stayed). The dinner was mediocre at best. My wife ordered mushroom risotto and had two mouthfulls before saying it was burnt and was not good. The stick toffee pudding was cold and it was not good. The waiter cleared my wifes pudding away from her whilst she was still eating. Then they got the bill wrong and charged us for two pints we never had. Breakfast was good.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay with us at the Nethybridge Hotel. I am sorry to hear of your issues that you had with your stay and I do hope that you can accept my apologies.

All of our guest rooms should have one window that opens, and it could have been the sash window was a little bit stiff. I will ensure that this is checked. It is disappointing to hear that there was a damaged socket in your room, and again I will instruct maintenance to sort this.

I do hope that if the food was not to your satisfaction that you said something to our staff, as we do not like to have unhappy guests, especially if we can correct it. I will also review staff training as it is unacceptable to have a dish taken away as a guest is still eating.

We have invested money in refurbishing guest rooms, and hope to move to the public areas soon. I do hope that you can return to us in the future, perhaps staying in one of the newly refurbished superior rooms and enjoy the good value service that our guests truly deserve.

Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

So hotel overall feels really run down and in dire need of being refurbished. Rooms were not bad everywhere else felt uncomfortable.
Staff were average at time some hard to understand their English.
Food was the worse like cheap pub grub. Avoid the cheesecake worst I have ever eaten.
Windows in rooms painted shut felt like we could not breathe.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you would rate our hotel as one to avoid. We take great pride in providing a good value service, but I am disappointed that you felt you did not receive this.

Our hotel has been refurbishing guest rooms and some public areas. I do not know what room you had, but if it was a classic room then these are our rooms that have the older style to them, but should have all the basic necessities a traveller needs, with the discounted price representing good value.

Every room has a window that opens to allow ventilation, but being older traditional sash type windows, some of them may be difficult for some people to open. If you let reception know, they would be glad to send somebody to help you sort this.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your food. We normally receive good feedback on our food, but appreciate it might not be to everybody's taste. I can assure you we use locally sourced food as much as possible and if you felt your food was below par, I do hope you mentioned this to our staff so this could have been corrected to your satisfaction.