2 people are viewing this hotel
US$155
Hotels.comUS$164
Expedia.comUS$164
Trip.comUS$207
All reviews old victorian coach tour buffet style a wee bit each evening breakfast and dinner haggis short break bed and breakfast twin room family room strathmore fires lindsay highlands dog lounge
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 January 2020

Booked a new year break at this hotel, including a night for twixmas, excellent price for Diner bed and breakfast and also entertainment each evening. We were given a superior garden view room, lovely view from the window, nice big room and bathroom, slight problem with the shower as it had a habit of not working at peak periods, otherwise no problem, nice gift from the hotel of chocolate, shortbread and a small whiskey. Lots of nice log fires in bar area and reception. Staff were very nice and helpful, especially Hannah, her organising skills in the dinning room were excellent and she was so funny with it. Excellent meals every evening and a good choice for breakfast. Entertainment was good, but could have had a better band for Hogmanay, but a great evening. The hotel is quite old and could do with a little redecorating in a few area, but other than that , it was so good we are doing it again this year.

Room tip: Superior garden room 101A
Date of stay: December 2019
Ev2379, General Manager at Nethybridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a positive review about your stay with us this New Year at the Nethybridge Hotel. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.

I do wish to apologise that you had a slight problem with your shower, but we will look into it, and I hope that we responded to your satisfaction.

Thank you for recognising the service provided by our staff, and I am sure that Hannah will be delighted to hear that you appreciated her efforts. All our staff work hard to provide a good, friendly service, and it seems that this is recognised by our guests.

I am sorry to hear that perhaps our Hogmanay band wasn't to your taste, but it is hard to try and cater for everybody. However it is good to hear that you have rebooked again for this year and we look forward to seeing you again. We do plan to do a bit more upgrading in the hotel before then, so I hope you enjoy the changes!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 7 January 2020

This isn't a review of the hotel because I didn't stay there, but I wanted to mention the staff, in particular Lindsey, who looked after my Mum when she had a fall during a recent holiday there. My Mum is 83, and was on a coach trip with a friend last month when she had a spot of trouble with her hips. I won't go into the details, but suffice to say the staff at this hotel were absolutely outstanding in their treatment of her and me when I arrived to pick her up. They were by her side during the whole ordeal and made it a lot less stressful and frightening than it may otherwise have been. They kept in touch with me by phone during the my journey and were extremely sympathetic towards my Mum, which meant a lot to her because elderly people can easily feel like a burden. As I said in my title I didn't stay there so I can't comment on the building itself, but thanks again to the wonderfully kind and attentive staff who looked after my Mum.

Date of stay: December 2019
Ev2379, General Manager at Nethybridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2020

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your gratitude. We are very touched by this token of appreciation. We only did what should be expected, as we really do wish to take care of all our guests, and I’m glad to hear we did reassure and make your mum more comfortable.

Please wish your mum all the best from us, and we hope she can make a speedy recovery so she can come and visit us again.

Kind Regards from myself and all at the Nethybridge Hotel

Reviewed 31 December 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately, this hotel was more than disappointing. The pictures of the facade and the description of the rooms let us hope for a nice hotel. However, the room we got was not up to a standard at all! The bathroom in particular was an impertinence and - in our view - should not have been offered in this condition. For the other areas of the hotel (salon with fireplace, dining room) our rating is not so bad, although the condition generally leaves a lot to be desired. The staff is friendly and helpful. In summary, we have to say that the room was not worth the money. As I said, it was not a common standard and should not be offered at all - at least not for this price.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank HePeCon
Ev2379, General Manager at Nethybridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room did not meet expectations, and I would like to apologise for your disappointment.

Our hotel is a Victorian country hotel, and is an old building but we do have a refurbishment programme on going, with more rooms and some public areas to be started in the new year. The room you selected on booking.com was a classic style room, which is are our older style rooms which are yet to be refurbished, and provide all the basics a traveller will need, and should be clean, comfortable and warm. These rooms are offered at an already discounted rate compared to our other rooms. Unfortunately your room was the last room available as the hotel was busy, and we couldn’t allocate you another one at that time.

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff. They do get praised for their friendly and helpful service, and I am very proud of them.

I do hope you can change your mind and stay at the Nethybridge Hotel again in the future. I would recommend staying in one of our refurbished superior rooms, which you can see from our many happy customer reviews receive a lot of praise. Also, booking directly with the hotel not only guarantees you the best price, it also gives a host of other benefits such as discounted food and complimentary high speed Wi-fi in your room. Also, visit our website to see what deals we have available.

Best Wishes for 2020,

General Manager.

Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

Stopped by the hotel today for a bite to eat with my mother.  We decided to have the Sunday Lunch on offer and we were not disappointed.  We had Haggis Bon Bon's as a starter served on mash with a whisky sauce over.  Mains I had Roasted Chicken Breast and Mum the Roast Beef both served with all the trimmings and dessert the Cheesecake.  We were impressed with the presentation and portion size (very generous) of everything and to top it all off fresh and local produce is used. Well worth the price for what you get. Compliments to the Chef, this is by far the BEST Sunday Lunch we had in Scotland. Staff was very attentive and friendly, special mention to Lindsay and the team for looking after us. We can not recommend this place enough.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ev2379, General Manager at Nethybridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad that both you and your mum enjoyed your meals.

We have had a lot of praise for our food recently, and I’m sure our hardworking Kitchen team will be delighted to hear of your praise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Nethybridge Hotel

Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 December 2019 via mobile

Yesterday the Nethybridge hotel hosted our wedding and all I can say as it was amazing. The staff were fantastic through the whole planning processes, being there day and night to answer any questions we had. Constantly keeping us in the loop with how things were progressing. When the big day came, yet again the staff were by our side of anything we needed, throughout the day we had to make some minor changes due to some family circumstances and they were more than happy to help and were very flexible. We had almost every room booked with our friends and family and the staff still managed to be super attentive to everyone. We had so many compliments about the staff and the food.Eva, Lindseay and Hannah, we cant thank you enough for giving us such an amazing experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your wedding at the Nethybridge Hotel. It was a pleasure to serve you and to ensure you had a dream wedding.

We would be delighted to see you both again in the future for a short break or even just a meal.

Kind Regards