“Wow, what a fab meal !!!”

The Kings Head Bridgnorth
Ranked #1 of 105 Restaurants in Bridgnorth
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Anyone who visits BridgeNorth must visit this delightful authentic pub...from the warm welcome to the food that is served. I started with the Goats Cheese Tart which was delicious, with the twist of having peppers cooked in it as well...the Roast Beef was to die for, as was the Belly Pork, were they so kindly gave me a Yorkshire Pudding after I requested one. If you want a meal in the evening...it might be best to book, as it gets very busy. Once again if you need food don't hesitate to go here. A1 to the staff...everyone was so friendly and looked genuinely happy to serve everyone.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We managed to book a table in the dining room for a late lunch. Superb food, steak cooked perfectly, I had the hand cut chips which was lovely. Pudding was white chocolate and raspberry bread and butter pudding and wow it was amazing. The service was fantastic and the staff were very friendly and helpless particularly our Irish waiter. Thank you for a lovely experience of your restaurant.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Following a slight hiccup with our table booking, which was handled in such a friendly and professional way, we had again a most delightful evening. The food was superb (one of the best steaks i have ever had), the staff were as friendly, professional and attentive as ever. Thank you all very much.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Fabulous food. Excellent service. Stunning architecture. This is still my favourite place to eat in Bridgnorth - over 35 years after my first visit!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The seating in the Kings Head for diners is not restricted to just a dining area so expect to find that you may be eating at a table surrounded by others just out for the night - trust me this is not a problem as the staff look after you very well - and it is wise to book ahead.

The menu choice is not huge - but it doesn't need to be as it is full of locally produced high quality meat and vegetables - beautifully cooked. I was totally spoilt for choice and finally decided on a pork and chicken pate followed by half an Aylesbury duck and finished off with panna cota. My husband had prawns followed by steak and also the panna cota.

The wine was reasonable and also well chosen.

The pub was packed on this very wet Friday night in July yet there was a great ambience. The staff were all quite young and kept really busy but still gave us the time we needed for each course, yet we were not left waiting either. Altogether a great evening