The Down Inn(Bridgnorth)
  • Restaurant
Bassa Villa(Bridgnorth)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewsreal alehigh streetthe pubbreweryaleskettlepubssaturdaybeer
Reviewed 13 October 2015

'Welcome to The Golden Lion!' - NOT!!!!
Terrible customer service,. miserable staff who obviously do not enjoy their jobs!
A drab room with the noisiest shower in the world and noisy neighbours. Then there's the breakfast! Sunday morning, served between 7-9am, we arrived for breakfast at 8.45 to be greeted with a 'grunt' from the woman serving breakfast. I had a full English with inedible bacon (reheated until leather like) sausages stuck together (reheated) coffee that was tasteless and cheap OJ. The toast was good though! And it was only the toast that I ate. I left the table in disgust.
My partner complained about the breakfast when he paid shortly after, but he wasn't asked the reason why etc. It was a miserable stay and I would not recommend!
The only good thing is the location, but there are other places to stay nearby and we will stay elsewhere when we revisit.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paula Y
Reviewed 7 October 2015

If you are looking for an up to date trendy hotel room normally the size of a cardboard box, don't stay here. What you get is a large room in a very old building, so wonky, squeaky floors, single glazed sash windows over looking the High St if you are in the front rooms. Woodchip wall paper and 1970's furniture complete the picture. The paint work hasn't seen any decorator for a while, but the en suite is large with even a bath & hot water, something your wouldn't have got when this place was built. Staff were friendly, hardworking and helpful, the breakfast was large and plentiful. Enjoy the faded delights of these old pubs before they are all gone.

Stayed: October 2015
2  Thank hlodge1
Reviewed 1 March 2015

I stayed here for one night and was astonished when arriving at the room to find stains on carpet mould in shower ..and an uneven floor that was dangerous .We were unable to open the window and we couldn't turn the heating down it was boiling ...the bedside lights didn't work and In Order to use the kettle you had to keep the button pressed in .....the wardrobe was an old cupboard ....we laughed about it as it was one night to be fair but the Carpark was chocablock and difficult to park in so all in all won't return .....The 2 points were for the breakfast which was okay .

Room Tip: They are probably all the same ..they all need refurbishment .
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank blondie3Birmingham
Reviewed 18 January 2015

This could be a lovely BB but unfortunately isn't very well maintained, My partner and I was very shocked when we walked into the room. I love oldie worldie buildings but this was just dirty and not at all cared for. Very disappointing!!! Oh and you have to check out at 10am (on a weekend too)
I mean, what is that all about??

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank LOUPIE6
Reviewed 5 January 2015

I would love to post a review of this property, however after numerous requests for a room, my E mails were totally ignored. Not as if they were full, as my dates were next June, 6 months away. UNIMPRESSED !!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family