“Conveniently situated, friendly staff and good selection of goodies”
Review of Shop in the Square

Shop in the Square
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Cawsand
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 6 September 2017

The staff were very helpful and everything we purchased was fresh and tasty. A short walk from the beach so easy.

1  Thank Fiddlydee

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Its all your essential beach needs for a day at Cawsands plus a chippy and pizza place whats not to like

1  Thank Gerald P
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We stopped in here 2 days ago and ordered drinks, 2 x fish and chips and 3 x pasties. We ordered 2 bottles of cider and asked for glasses, they responded by giving us a plastic cup and charging us 5p for it (how classless and petty). We sat outside to eat and the fish and chips were simply dreadful, THE worst I've ever had in my life. The pasties looked OK but were bland and very ordinary. After finishing and going to leave we were rudely harassed and chastised by an angry elderly woman (we assumed to be the owner) for not clearing the table (that's what staff are for). She followed us down the road continuing her tirade, this is the worst place with the worst customer service we've ever visited.

2  Thank Sdunx
Reviewed 6 August 2017

If you come to Cawsand, you must stop here, sit outside looking out to the sea and try the fish and chips.
These were the best fish and chips I've ever had. Cooked to order, meaty fish, hot, hot chips. Excellent, and what a spot to sit.

4  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Have to say the lined up pasties looked really nice in the shop.

I gladly handed over the cash.

My mate even bought two!

Sadly my pasty was absolutely horrible and a total let down from the first impressions.

Stodgy thick pastry and a tasteless dry filling.

Most of it ended up in the bin.

I've consumed many a pasty down Cornwall way and this was right up there with the very worst indeed.

Awful.