“Fish and chips on the shore”
Review of Shop in the Square

Shop in the Square
Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in Cawsand
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

Fantastic. Great food. Very friendly and great location. We hadn't booked a restaurant in advance and therefore were very grateful to this place for serving great portions to keep us all satisfied. Good variety! Thank you

1  Thank Alison C

Reviewed 14 September 2016

If you need a cold drink go across the road to the cross keys pub , if you are out of milk or bread then great , if you like fish and chips in a seaside town go to loo , they use frozen fish here and that's really naughty being so close to the sea. Get fresh fish ? I understand in the winter time when the towns dead frozen fish I get , but June - September use fresh no ?

I'm just saying...

1  Thank justlovesfood
Reviewed 13 September 2016

A friend of ours recommended we go to Cawsand and buy fish & chips. This appeared to be the only available shop, so we assumed that it must be this one. The fish & chips were cooked to order, so were hot, but seemed to be of a similar type to what you might get if you bought it from a supermarket ready battered and fried it at home - not what I'd expect from a real fish & chips shop. I guess that trying to supply a range of items like they do, they probably struggle to excel in every area. Not the largest portions I've seen either....

Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

A lovely quaint little shop that seems to sell everything you may need. I was served a glorious ice cream by a handsome and chatty young man and later a perfect pasty served by a cheery workforce.

There truly is no place better!

2  Thank RileyMcB
Reviewed 30 August 2016

You're not allowed to touch the salt and vinegar (for hygiene reasons(??!!). I don't understand this as every other restaurant in the land has salt and pepper on the tables, sometimes vinegar and ketchup too. Very annoying. Portions quite small, but not expensive.

1  Thank VicSussex