All reviews washing machine minute walk outdoor pool mar menor good size lo pagan long walk lifeguard on duty natural park breakfast dinner booked this hotel bars and restaurants nice hotel hotel pool local residents hire bikes cooked fresh
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Visited here Monday to Sunday.
Hotel very clean and tidy. No faults found. Location isn't the best if you don't have transport with limited restaurants and shops in near distance. Anyone unable to walk 15 or so minutes without issue may struggle to get about.
If you can manage the walk (it's a nice walk really!) you will find a nice beach but also an area to walk along. I didn't note it's name but it's a pedestrianised pathway that leads to the beach nearer to the Med side of the island. It's approximately 2-2.5km long I would say?
For two days I hired a push bike from the hotel and enjoyed my time away from the hotel as much as I did when I was there.
There isn't much sight seeing opportunity nearby, and I seen no buses about unless I ventured up to nearer Lo Pagan, and even then that bus service seemed very limited (not sure where the buses would have got you to).
Taxi price from the airport was a little steep at near on €25 each way. I didn't ask the hotel for their quote for a transfer as didn't see they offered this until I was there.
Area did seem very 'Spanish'. By that I mean it seemed to be an area for Spanish tourists. But in fairness I prefer this rather than a typical Brit location. I'm far from being a partygoer :)
I enjoyed my stay. I think 5-6 days is probably enough for this location. Any more days and I think I'd have gotten bored.
Hotel itself though I was very happy with. Nice pool, sun on the poolside from 11am-12noon onwards (before that building side was in the shade) but parasols were available if you wanted shade from the sun.
Breakfast was very nice. Many options from fry up to cereal, toast to fruit, cuassants to meats / cheeses, juices, coffees, it was all there.
My last few days the hotel did seem a lot busier as there appeared to be two Spanish football teams staying but they didn't cause any issue (bar the first night knocking one another's doors until their team mate answered which did get a little irritating but didn't happen for hours on end and seemed isolated to a couple of players).
Overall, I was very happy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank SteveW1988
HotelLodomar, Director Comercial at Hotel Lodomar Spa & Talasoterapia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Steve,

thank you very much for your review. We find it honest, clear, very detailed and objective.
We are very pleased to hear that your stay at the hotel was satisfactory and we agree woth most of the comments about transport in the area.

Thank you very much and hopefully see you again for another short break.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff, good location, suits families or couples. Pool area and bedrooms are dated and could do with some updating. Rooms, bar, restaurant and all common areas are very clean.
We particularly enjoyed the abundance of delicious fresh fruits and variety available for breakfast. The bar food was good too. We are used to a higher standard of accommodation for what we paid but enjoyed the holiday anyway. The spa was also family friendly and well worth a couple of visits. We left feeling well rested and relaxed. Would go again especially if the rooms and outdoor pool are updated.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Adrienne M
HotelLodomar, Director Comercial at Hotel Lodomar Spa & Talasoterapia, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Adrienne,
thank you for your opinion.
We don't know if you have staied in the hotel or apartments...
We have changed all hotel bedrooms furniture a couple of years ago, so we are not planning any renovation for the time being.
We are seeing options for the decoration but nothing 100% sure yet.
The apartments bedrooms are a bit older, but we have renovated all kitchens and part of the living area.
About the pool, we have to do something, and we are planning to do it over winter.
We'll update our facebook and website as soon as we do it... stay tuned!
Best regards.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We have just returned from a two week break at the Lodomar staying in the apartments​. We had a ground floor and were very satisfied with everything. There was no kettle when we arrived but reception managed to find us one.
The hotel was quiet when we were there but got busy at the weekend with the Spanish having weekend breaks, and who could blame them. The hotel is spotless and the pool is a good size.
The apartments have everything you need apart from a hairdryer and more British channels on the TV. They are a good size and very secure. The linnen and towels were of decent quality and changed every three or four days. There were mozzies about because of the time of year. Obviously the hotel cannot do anything about this. and the maid sprayed the apartment for me.
Yes this is a Spanish hotel where the Spanish go for breaks but we were made very welcome from the time we arrived to the time we left. Apart from the high standard of the accommodation the hard working staff should be commended on their polite and friendly attitude.

Room Tip: We liked having a ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Eleanor C
HotelLodomar, Director Comercial at Hotel Lodomar Spa & Talasoterapia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear Eleanor,
We are really pleased with your comment.

At this time of the year we are obviously very busy and some clients looking for relax might think they have picked the wrong place, which might be sort of true over summer weekends, but the question is: where on the Spanish coast can you find peace and quiet in this season?

Thank you very much for your objective and positive opinion.
Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Have stayed in San Pedro del Pinatar before and wanted somewhere different after previous disappointments so looked at Lodomar apartments. Despite some old negative reviews decided to book. Arrived late evening and was greeted by name at reception (receptionist knew she had an outstanding guest so it must be us - very professional). Check in was very quick and we were shown to our apartment. OK so the hotel and apartments are not new and 5 star but speaking for the apartment, it was very clean. It consisted of a good sized bedroom with two large single beds together. A full wall of built-in wardrobes with plenty of hangers. There is a full bathroom with a bath with shower over. There's a utility cupboard with a washing machine and butler sink. The kitchen area is as big as any in other local holiday apartments and had enough equipment to make snacks and "2 pot" meals. Only thing missing for UK guests was an electric kettle. The lounge/diner area is big and although only one sofa bed which looked to be of good quality, would seat two adults and two children. The apartments overlook the hotel on one side and a residential street on the other. It was nice to sit on the balcony in the evenings and hear local residents sat in their forecourts chatting. All in all the hotel and apartments were clean and well maintained. It is probably more geared towards Spanish tourism but research shows that the local area is very popular with Spanish tourists. If you do not want this then please feel free to go elsewhere. The staff and locals are very friendly and helpful if you make a little effort to speak Spanish and understand their way of life (which is very relaxed and what we need to copy more often). For those wanting a quiet relaxing place to stay away from the buzz and hassle of neon tourism and experience some genuine Spanish hospitality and see how the Spanish holiday I'd recommend staying at the Lodomar and certainly take time to visit the local beaches and mud baths. Would definitely return.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank michael n
HotelLodomar, Director Comercial at Hotel Lodomar Spa & Talasoterapia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Micheal,

Well... I can only say... WOW!!!
What a great review and honest comment.

This is exactly how we would describe our facilities, area and personnel/hospitality.

This is "real south Spain": genuine food, good weather and friendly people, depites sometimes it means you have to make the effort to relax, breath and remember that you are on holiday and we only want you to be happy and comfortable.

THANK YOU!

Reviewed 26 May 2017

We have just finished another lovely stay at The Lodomar. Clean, comfortable and secure with friendly and helpful staff ( big thank you to Vanessa and Raphaela for your local tips and advice). Plenty of parking and a great spa area. We think it is worth booking a sea view room to sit with a glass of local red watching the flamingos in the early evening. Only 15 minutes from Murcia airport.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martibass
HotelLodomar, Director Comercial at Hotel Lodomar Spa & Talasoterapia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Martin,
Thank you for your words. It is a pleasure to have such nice people visiting us.
It's really gratifying when you try to do your best for your guests and they feel happy and satisfied.

Thank you for visiting us again. We'll be waiting for your next stop in Murcia and to give you a few more tips about things to do and to discover in our Region.

Best regards!