Villa Bor(Ankaran)
Rooms Mara(Ankaran)
  • Pool
Hotel Oltra(Ankaran)
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This character hotel had small but cosy rooms. We didn't see a lift. Unfortunately we didn't get a room with a real view (see photos!). Also there was a long steep drive to get to the hotel as the alternative of carrying the bikes up 15 steps was a bit tricky. We were advised of safe bike storage but this was just on a unsecured bike rack outside.
We were going to have a drink on the beautiful terrace before possibly eating at the restaurant, but after 10 mins of being ignored we left. Breakfast was nice but the receptionist was covering for the kitchen as the chef hadn't turned up!! Still she made us some nice scrambled eggs!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2017

It definitely has SuperPowers! You fall in love with the place, it excites you in an incredibly warm way and changes you forever!... And when you are leaving, you become overwhelmed by one strong thought: "I must return !"

Room Tip: All best views!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank nixia
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with a group of friends during a cycling trip. The location is beautiful, overlooking the sea and there is a lovely garden area outside where meals and drinks can be enjoyed. It was a very hot day and we arrived on our bikes and found that there was no lift . I struggled to carry my luggage upstairs and found myself in the smallest twin room I have ever seen. Fortunately I did not have to share with anyone. The room was very dated with furniture which had seen better days and the bathroom was very small. We enjoyed a lovely meal outside and I had a comfortable night's sleep.
This hotel could be spectacular but it seems quite neglected. I suppose some people might find it quirky but to me, it seriously needed renovation.
The next morning, when we stopped for coffee , I realised that I had lost my wallet....it was not in the pannier on my bike. I rang the hotel two or three times and a search was made. When we reached our next hotel one of the staff there rang again to ask if anything had been found. No..... and he was told that if I rang again they would call the police! What a way to treat guests! I reported the incident to the local police but no wallet was found.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank meopi76
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Simply great location, quiet and nice, great food. The staff and the rest also at the level of the Villa.
We had a nice lovely dinner with local wines and fresh fish. We will come back , because it's worth it.

Room Tip: room with a wiew
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Excellent location, but this hotel needs some attention. It is showing its age and lack of maintenance. Carpet runner on stairs was dangerously loose. Window covers were torn and tattered, which I personally viewed in two different rooms.

Some of the smaller rooms have no wall windows, only one window in the slanted ceiling, so be aware that some of the rooms can feel small and dark. Our big room had a large window overlooking the terrace and the sea. There is one room with its own terrace, so that was the clear winner!

The place felt as though time had passed it by. With a modicum of money and effort, it might be great again. The food was delicious, and the location across from the Adriatic was convenient.

Room Tip: One room with balcony overlooking terrace and sea was tops!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple