See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Yes, this was our 5th visit to the Brandano, and it never fails to impress. Ousmane is the perfect host and Petroio is a hidden jewel. Just about any place in Tuscany you'd like to visit is within an easy drive, with wonderful restaurants and attractions. Do you enjoy a glass of Prosecco while listening to opera in the lounge area of a hotel that feels more like a homecoming than an impersonal lodging? I thought so.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2016

We have had a glorious couple of nights here, Omar the owner was so helpful and was able to give many tips on where to visit and eat nearby. A stunning location to explore this beautiful area, a must!!

Room Tip: A room overlooking the Tuscan valley
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2016

I could have stayed for ever.Petroio is a quaint little village in a beautiful valley.There were many activities on offer but we preferred to take it easy. Our room was beautiful.The food was out of this world and service was impeccable. Mostly we just relaxed but we made it to the wonderful thermal spa in Bagno Vignoni and a winetasting at the Castello Banfi vineyard near Montalcino.Treat yourself!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

This is place I would be so happy to return to... every good place should should summon that feeling.
A small, rustic & authentic hotel in a small, beautiful walled medieval town, with fantastically newly renovated spacious rooms & bathrooms, managed by a most friendly & courteous man named Ousmane.
Romantic & quiet, highly recommended, I will surely return when revisiting Tuscany.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2016

If you are traveling in Umbria or Tuscany do yourself an enormous favor and plan a stay at the Palazzo Brandano. You will not be disappointed. I have a house in Italy quite a distance away from Petroio, but I always make the long drive for at least one meal there during my spring and autumn stays . Ousmane, the manager, is indefatigugably charming , the surroundings elegant, and the food sumptious.

While I have never spent the night, I have seen some of the rooms. The Botticello with frescoes done so well they might have come straight out of The Uffizi, is my favorite, but all of them are lovely.

Thank you Ousmane for another special evening.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends