All reviews fire pit two bedroom apartment amazing place many places amazing wedding malcolm venue wine brick laundry cooking
Reviewed 20 December 2017

We arrived for a friend's wedding late at night in the dark, and our only visuals of the place were the country roads and the bumpy lane going up into the hills. Waking here and looking out over the rolling hills the next morning was like a dream.
The wedding was beautiful, like something out of a magazine or a movie. Under an arch made of branches, and the tables set out under twinkling lights as the sun set... oh my goodness.
I loved the villa (there was a big party of us and our villa slept 5: the couple in the double room, my friend and me in a twin room, and another on the sofa bed) which was rustic and very Italian! It suited me perfectly, with its archways, old wooden furniture, red tiled floors and swallows nesting over the doors.
Our villa was perfectly set up for a self catering holiday. We shared cooking and ate at the big table just outside our front door, overlooking the pool and the hills.
The infinitiy pool is particularly amazing, especially when nobody's about and it's just you and the birds.
This place is amazing.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2017

We stayed here for a wedding, and perhaps we didn't do enough research before we left. First, I have to say that the wedding was fantastic! The staff at The Lazy Olive is great and really know how to put together a good wedding. From beginning to end, the wedding day was very fun. Both Daniella and Malcolm were great and very helpful. My husband and I stayed in 3 bedroom villa with 3 other guests for 3 nights. The lack of food (and wine) options outside of the planned wedding were unexpected. We had to drive to Asciano to pick up groceries so we were able to eat (and drink). Cooking on vacation really isn't my idea of fun. It is not an easy place to get to either, so be sure to have this pre-arranged. The rooms were fine. We had a slow drain in the shower, which was very frustrating. Additionally, we didn't have WiFi in our room, but there is WiFi available in certain villas. The bed was comfortable and overall we had a good stay. You can do laundry here, but it is separate from the villas and cost 6 Euros. I would recommend staying here, but be sure to do your research and come prepared.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

A wonderful villa in a beautiful location with lovely hosts. We arrived having booked a one bed apartment but were upgraded for no extra cost when Daniella had a free two bed apartment. We were blown away by the views and the utterly peaceful atmosphere. It is rustic and simple but has everything we needed. It is ideally placed for exploring south Tuscany. Our nine year old loved the animals and the pool and being able to explore the surroundings. Daniella and Malocolm were there when we needed them but were otherwise discreet and left us to our own devices. A fantastic stay and highly recommended.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We had our wedding here on the first of June 17. It exceeded all expectations. Our whole family were there for 7 days. Malcom and Daniella made us so welcome. Everyone agreed it was just a brilliant experience. All I can say is THANKYOU.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

If you are fond of top quality places in the middle of the best Italian countryside and historic scenarios you should just stay in this welcoming and relaxing cottage. Mal and Daniela will make sure you enjoy the best Italian food and landscape. Not to be missed!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends