“Consistently Reliable Local Favourite”

Stockhouse Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Trim
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to StockHouse Restaurant Welcome to StockHouse Restaurant, in the shadow of the magnificent Trim Castle. Our restaurant is the result of four people with an avid love of good food, craic and value for money. Born out of eating out in various establishments both in Ireland and abroad the result "is not just a steakhouse but a restaurant that specialises in steak". Our aim is to provide our patrons with not just a memorable dining experience but a memorable night out! Head Chef, John and his team have one goal in mind and that is to provide consistently beautiful food at every serving. With our front of house crew you are in safe hands and they will do their very best to make sure all your needs are met as promptly and satisfactorily as possible. Our love of the historical town of Trim and indeed our beautiful country is evident everywhere in our restaurant from the early years featuring 'The Yellow Steeple' and 'Trim Castle', through to the filming of Braveheart and the Glory Years of Meath Football ... Check out our walls, they make for both great reading and viewing!! Take time to have some banter with our floorstaff, they love nothing more but be warned, if you upset them too much you may find yourself confined to our in-house stocks!! And don't forget to keep an eye out for our resident mascot, 'Stocky' ... You'd never know when he might make an appearance. Enjoy, Carmel, Orla, Mick and Tom
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

I should point out that I’m a reasonably regular patron of this restaurant, however I’m not in any way connected to the owners or staff of the premises so my account below is entirely without prejudice.

The Stockhouse is a cheerful, bustling and honest to goodness steak house style restaurant, with an Irish twist, which caters to a wide variety of tastes through a decent menu. My favourites from the menu include Deep Fried Brie or Fish Cakes from the starters, Fillet Steak (with garlic butter) or Duck Confit from the mains and Eton Mess from the dessert offerings. There’s a choice of Mashed Potatoes (or perhaps “Champ”), Garlic Potatoes, Chunky “home made” Chips (big Irish style fries) or Fries with many of the mains. Choose the “home made” chips instead of skinny fries if you’re particularly peckish. The Stockhouse provides a decent wine menu and should it take your fancy, a generous variety of Gins to round off your meal.

Renovations to the first floor of the premises mean that there are now more tables and a far more welcoming ambience on that level, much more in line with that which has always existed on the ground floor level. The revamped first floor also now boasts a cocktail bar, where you’ll quickly notice that Gin features prominently. One of the best things about the Stockhouse is the perfectly measured balance of friendly and engaging yet considerate and unobtrusive management of the dining rooms by the very much hands on owners. Here are four people who surely love their work, pride themselves on delighting their customers and are very fond of indulging in a little light hearted conversation with all who enter their wonderful restaurant. In terms of the restrooms, I’ve never had any reason on my many visits to level any criticism at either the hygiene or presentation and I’ve never found the soap dispenser empty or been left without a means of drying my hands.

If I could change anything at all about The Stockhouse, I’d only implore the management to bring back the Beef Carpaccio with Rocket and Parmesan!

1  Thank pdmccmdp

Reviewed 28 November 2017

We visited here a few weeks ago, while we had friends from abroad visiting us in Trim. We had no reservation and took a chance, as it was a mid-week night. We were greeted by the owner or manager, who was very welcoming and pleasent and had a table available.

The decor and atmosphere in the restaurant was very nice, with nice background music, however our table was very close to the next one and the couple beside us were constantly earwigging us even though we were speaking quitely.

The food was nice enough, the vegetables and sauces were lovely and the stakes were good enough although one was very tough. The fish was also good. Overall it was a nice meal and I wouldnt have any complaints and our guests enjoyed it.

As regards the price I thought it was a expensive, for what we got. Althiough we were to late for the early bird, they showed us that menu to, I think by mistake, and I thought that was a bit pricey as well. You will find restaurants in bigger cities like Dublin, Galway and Cork, with as good and even better food at a much better price, even though the rental and overhead costs are much higher than in Trim, however the main quam I had was when the bill came, it was €172, and I gave the waitress 200 cash 4x€50 euro, and she asked me if I wanted the change. I said yes of course. My point being she was coaxing me to give her 30 euro tip. I dont like this type of pressure from waiting staff, as I will decide on the level of tip given depending on the level of service.

So overall the atmosphere was nice, food not bad but very over-priced for a rural town, and putting pressure on customers for tips a definite no,,,no.

For these reasons I wont be returning to the Stockhouse in Trim, which is unfortunate as I live in the area, and there arent to many restaurants around there.

4  Thank JGCBA
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Visited here with my husband and 95 year old father in law. As always we had a lovely time and food was delicious. When we were given the menu's, it was suggested to my Father in law that he would enjoy the goulash starter. He had it, while we both had the loaded potato skins. Then we had the duck Confi, chicken and fish and chips. Followed by wonderful deserts and cappuccino. Service is wonderful and always entertaining quotes to read around the room. Love this restaurant. My Father in-law loved the goulash so much, he still talks about it.

5  Thank Ursula2909
Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

We’ve eaten here before and this restaurant never fails. Great staff, fantastic menu for adults and particularly kids. Food is always very fresh and tasty. Ticks all the boxes for a family meal or a night out with friends.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

A very friendly staff and a great meal at the Stockhouse Restaurant the evening I dined. I was a bit early so found no problem with seating. But by the time I was leaving, the place had become very popular!