1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 17 September 2014

I have recently returned from a thoroughly enjoyable one night weekend stay at the Knightsbrook Hotel and Golf Resort. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with true hospitality at this fantastic property. We stayed in one of the Holiday Homes and we were not disappointed. The houses were beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. We dined in both the bar and in Rococco Restaurant and the food in both places was excellent. We had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager who was both professional and friendly and this was my experience with all the staff I came in contact with. The atmosphere throughout was warm and friendly and my only disappointment was actually having to leave and return home!!! I am already looking forward to planning my next visit.

1  Thank alif3111
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2014

Dear alif3111

It was a pleasure to read your review of your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted that you received a warm and friendly welcome from everyone throughout your stay and hope that you will return to stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

We had an amazing trip last week. All of our group are in hospitality i.e. owners, manager, DJs, brewers and all have travelled extensively and worked in various hotels and bars/restaurants. Every last one of us could not compliment the resort enough from check in to check out. Trim is a great little town with great pubs and the craic was mighty
Also the course, we all loved it and we range from 2 handicappers to 22 handicappers and each one just loved it. There is not one poor hole on it.
Lastly, I know the group has been singing the praises of Knightsbrook since our return and we will be returning.

Again a huge thank you from “Road to Xmas” golf group.

1  Thank John M

Dear easygoing28

My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to post your review following your group's recent stay with us at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you all enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon

Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

I was really looking forward to my stay as I am six months pregnant and my fiancé and I were looking forward to a relaxing stay.
On arrival I was greeted by a not so enthusiastic receptionist who seemed uninterested in checking me in I asked her was the room non smoking and I had also requested a quite area as in a higher level floor get as I'm a light sleeper I was also informed my request for a room facing the golf course cost extra which I thought was ridiculous as the room was no bigger nor did the have a baloney at least not on the second floor which was were my room was.
The room itself was old fashioned and in of modernisation without robes or bottled water as I would expect from other hotel standards.
The food at the terrace bar was over priced and not of great quality although in the main restaurant is lovely food.
Later that night when going to sleep we noticed our room was a twin a and not deluxe double and that the beds had been pushed together which I nearly fell through the gap!! Not good to say the least.
Rooms were noisy doors were load when shouting and walls seemed like paper our room next door made lots of noise until the early hours we could hear everything !! Spa thermal suite steam room was off as my fiancé pointed out and jacuzzi was too hot and should be a few degrees less.
Breakfast was nice with good selection but overall disappointed especially as I was going to relax with my partner and it lacked to many faults the room was also cold and I was informed reception could control the temp which the never did.
On checking out I was not asked how my stay was just told that's grand thanks bye!!

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lisa o

Dear lisa o

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. I apologise that you were disappointed with several elements of your stay and that we did not meet your expectations.

Perhaps you would consider returning to stay with us again in the future and you would contact me directly at the hotel on your return so that I can ensure your next stay will be an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 15 September 2014

Stayed here recently and on checking in found the receptionist to be a little unfriendly, she was like a machine just reeling off about the hotel, there was no smile or warmth. The room itself was fine had everything I needed and I had a very comfortable sleep - there was an issue with the TV but a young lady was sent to deal with it immediately, I did find it odd that they sent a girl as she had to do a lot of moving heavy furniture and eventually lifting the tv also! I had food in the bar, it was fine and the staff were friendly and efficient. However a glass of wine in the bar cost 6.10 while if you ordered from waiting staff in the reception area it was 7.20! Breakfast was that usual lazy help yourself to everything including the dreaded make your own toast machine.
For the 99.00 we paid it was expensive enough, I didnt use the pool but I did notice that they charge you a euro to get a towel, this is a first. I don't think I would be rushing back, the hotel is in the middle of a housing estate and is a long walk from the town.
Try to up the level of service and kindness to your customers.

2  Thank sparkely

Dear sparkely

Thank you for sharing your review of Knightsbrook Hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and the service in the hotel - I will speak to the Managers in these areas regarding training.

Regarding the wine - the prices do not vary depending on where you consume the wine, however different wines are different prices so perhaps you were served a different wine on both occasions.

I hope that you will return to stay in the future and see improvements in these areas

Reviewed 15 September 2014

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times over the past few years. My most recent stay was in January of this year. I went on a spa break with my mother. We had a beautiful room overlooking the golf course. We had massages booked and they were fantastic. Afterwards we shared a bottle of prosecco in the relaxation room, sheer bliss. We had dinner in the lovely Rococo restaurant which was delicious. Next morning we had breakfast delivered to the room and ate enjoying our view. This hotel is great for relaxation, for golf, for food. They also have a full leisure centre. If you want to splash out book a split level suite, a large room with a mezzanine level for sleeping. The staff are always extremely friendly and attentive and I look forward to my next visit!

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course.
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Lovetoroam2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Knightsbrook Hotel and for the wonderful comments regarding the food and service and hotel facilities

I hope that you will return to stay with us again in the not too distant future.