1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just back from a One night stay on a b&b and dinner package. Its a beautiful hotel and the entrance into the reception area is lovely. Rooms are nice and big, comfy bed and a big tv,only downside is that they need A/C and a seperate bath and shower. Spa area was lovely but to use the pool you have to go up to the next level, and then back again to use the spa area,this was kind of annoying.
Biggest downfall was the service in the restruant for both dinner and breakfast. For dinner we waited at least 10minutes before someone came over to us and in the mean time all of the restruant staff were just looking and walking by us. This was the same for breakfast and I ending up going to find a waiter in order to get some tea!!
The women at check out was also very rude. It sceamed like we were been rushed out and it was a big effort for her to check us out. She didnt even say thank you or good bye.
Overall lovely hotel but service by staff is really bad

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa R
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Lisa R

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Knightsrbook Hotel. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your dining experience.

Perhaps you would contact me directly at the hotel regarding this - please email me pcurran@knightsrbook.com at your convenience.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just back from a fantastic stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. We are a family of 5 (3 children aged 5,7 and 10) and I must say this hotel is brilliant for families. We stayed in one of the lovely Courtyard Homes, which gives the benefit of full use of the hotel facilities but the convenience of having your own home with 3 huge bedrooms, kitchen, dining area and living area. We stayed with another family who also have two young children so 9 of us stayed in the Courtyard home, there was more than enough space for all 9 of us. One of the brilliant things about this hotel is the Little Knights kids club which basically provides 5 and a half hours of supervised childcare each day to hotel (and courtyard home) occupants. This is really helpful as it means on occasion the kids can all go and do activities in the Kids Club and the adults can relax, enjoy a meal etc. The facilities in the hotel are excellent, gym, swimming pool, sauna, steam room etc. Also if you like golf, I can recommend the golf course which I played, was in first class condition, very well maintained. The staff are extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. The hotel itself is situated 5 minutes from the centre of Trim which has a castle and the tour is well worth doing. Dublin is only 50 minutes away, and the Tayto Theme Park only around 30 minutes away. I can't recommend Knightsbrook enough and will definitely stay there again.

Room tip: Would highly recommend the Courtyard homes, superb for families.
Date of stay: July 2014

Dear AndyM

My sincere thanks for taking the time to post your review of your family's recent stay with us at Knightsbrook Hotel Courtyard Accommodation.

It was a pleasure to read your wonderful words complimenting our staff and service here at Knightsbrook and it makes me very proud to be part of that team that helped to make your family's stay with us so enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your review to all of the team and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is excellent in all respects except the service in the Dining area was dreadful. We were seated at 7 and did not leave until 9 40. Long wait between courses and 40 minutes before our order was taken. When we waited to pay the bill at the checkout in the diningroom there was nobody there and we proceeded to the reception area to pay, and were followed by the Manager who was polite but was very quick to follow us to pay. If he had paid as much attention to service and managing efficiently as he was so alert in following us we would not have been writing this review. Pool area is on different level to Spa where we had booked treatments. A scending and descending a marble staircase from swimming to Spa area is not for the disabled or elderly or those nervous of stairs. However the staff at the Spa and Reception were excellent. This is a abeatiful hotel , shame about the poor management of service in Dining area. Stayed there on 6 the of August for one night.Also bedroom light beside the bed would not work unless the light outside in the entrance to room was on, so those who like reading would have to disturb partner to get up and switch on light manually thus flooding the room with light Claire

Room tip: Choose a room overlooking the golf course
3  Thank claire g

Dear Claire g

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the Restaurant Service and have since met with the team in Rococo to discuss this. My sincere apologies that we let you down in this area and I hope that on your return to Knightsbrook Hotel you will see improvements in this area.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

What a spot. Hotel is beautiful food and service are second to none. Health club,spa are just out of this world and staff Fe excellent. I would go back any time. Great for kids too and not too far from a great little town called Trim,steeped in history and very welcoming. Looking at some of these reviews some people need to get real and enjoy the experience.

Date of stay: July 2014
3  Thank Bren0000

Dear Bren0000

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

First off let me say that this review is in two parts, the actual Hotel itself is gorgeous, very clean, the common areas are spotless, the lobby area is amazing, our room on the top floor was a suite (Room 430) and was really really nice, very spacious, two king beds, great A/C, Jacuzzi in the bathroom, really great!! so 10/10 for that, HOWEVER!! myself and my wife have just returned from a two night stay as part of a Wedding group, half of which travelled from Scotland and stayed for 4 nights.
The wedding ceremony room was beautifully decorated, but really warm and stuffy. The meal afterwards was gorgeous, but the biggest problem was the bar prices in the function room.
My brother in law ordered a Jaeger and Coke and was charged €13, he questioned the barman and the barman then said "okay, I'll take €10!!", my wife ordered three Jaeger shots, €17!!, I also spoke to some guests who were charged different prices for the same drinks!!!!!
My wife complained at reception the next day and was told there was nothing they could do without a receipt, my wife told them that there were no receipts issued on the night, and the receptionist said there was nothing they could do.
The day after the wedding we went to the leisure centre, and were informed that there a €2 charge for towels in the centre. We objected and were informed that we were supposed to use the towels from our room (meaning we would then have no dry towels in our room!!), we were given towels for free by the staff.
Some of the Scottish party stayed in one of the houses on site as there were some families with children, one of the ladies went to reception to ask for some dry towels for the room and were informed that there was a €8 charge for clean towels!!!! Now bearing in mind the amount of money that the wedding party had spent in the Hotel over the four nights, I personally find this disgusting.
I don't like this sort of thing, it not only gives the Hotel a bad name but also the country, it absolutely left a bad taste in my mouth for the hotel and believe me when I say we shall NEVER return!!
WATCH YOUR POCKETS!!!!!!!!

6  Thank ChrisA380

Dear ChrisA380

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your Executive Bedroom and the facilities during your stay.

Regarding your family staying in the Holiday Homes - these were booked on a Self Catering basis for this particular stay. As with most similar self catering properties - the houses are equipped with linen and towels upon check in. During your stay there are charges for any additional linen and towels requested. This is clearly stated in the Self Catering Guide located in each of our 28 Courtyard Houses.

For hotel residents - we do advise on check in that there are charges for towels in the leisure centre - however you can bring the towels from your room which housekeeping will replenish at any time during your stay.

I have spoken to both the Reception Team and Bar Team regarding the fact you stated one of your family was overcharged for beverages during their stay. As with any invoice or bill query we would require a receipt to confirm the charges that were made and to confirm whether or not the correct items were on the bill or if there was an error made with the charge. I appreciate that while you did not have a receipt for the transaction - you were asked if you would like the Bar Manager to contact you about this - to which I understand you declined.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with these elements of your stay but I hope that you will return to stay with us again in the future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.