1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Knightsbrook

Visited here recently for Afternoon Tea. The tea itself was lovely, food and presentation was gorgeous. However the staff seriously let this hotel down, they are absolutely in no way amenable or hospitable. Upon searching Knightsbrook Afternoon Tea on iPhone Safari a menu stating €17.50 per stand is on their website, however upon arrival the tea was in fact €25. We brought this to the attention of the reception staff just as a matter of courtesy as we left that they need to update their website - the reply was a snappish "It couldn't be, you're wrong" (we had just spent €100 in the hotel). It was established we were right & to say the apology was insincere is an understatement. I wasn't surprised to come onto trip advisor and see I wasn't the first to find this problem. The receptionists need a refresher course on customer service, starting with service with a smile. Such simple changes could make this hotel a lovely place. I won't be returning anytime soon or would advise if you're trying to arrange an Afternoon Tea for a special event don't go to the Knightsbrook.

7  Thank Driscollll
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Driscollll

Thank you for your comments following your Afternoon Tea dining experience at the Knightsbrook Hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea in the Terrace Lounge. My apologies that you were unhappy with your interaction with Reception - they did pass on the information to our Website providers who have made the necessary changes to our site when viewed on Safari. They have advised us that this process does take a little time to be rectified.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a one night stay in Knightsbrook. Lovely room, spacious, comfortable with a small balcony.

Dinner in the restaurant was gorgeous as was our breakfast.

There was a wedding in the hotel the night we stayed and we didn't hear a thing from the celebrations.

Only issue I found was if you don't go to the bar yourself you are waiting a long time on the bar staff to bring you your drink.

Overall a great stay!!

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank lsherry25
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Isherry25

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel.

I appreciate your comments and will be sure to speak to our Bar team regarding the service issue - my apologies for any delays with service you experienced.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook Hotel again soon

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I spent one night in this hotel with my Fiancée. Couldn't fault the room at all, it was large and spotless. The bathroom was also clean and modern. Our room had a view of a housing estate, not the nicest but no real issues with it.

Disappointed with the restaurant. Lovely atmosphere, but food was average (our chicken was dry and veggies not fully cooked). Although the dessert was lovely.

Breakfast was good.

All round its a nice place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank tejfoloskenyer

Dear Akos E

Thank you for posting your review on Knightsbrook Hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with the Restaurant food quality and your room view. Perhaps on your next visit you contact me directly and I would be delighted to ensure that you have a room overlooking the Golf Course.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

My wife and I had a break away for my Birthday. After looking at different hotels we decided to stay for a second time at Knightsbrook as we really enjoyed our last stay the year before (again for my Birthday)

My wife booked the room by calling the Hotel directly. The receptionist asked for our details and confirmed that we had stayed before for my Birthday (must have good customer database)

Our room (a suite) was gorgeous, we have stayed in suites before but this one was truly spectacular with balcony over looking the golf course, 2 person Jacuzzi bath with flat screen TV on the wall opposite! Fantastic! The bed was enormous and very very comfortable!

We booked a table in the restaurant for dinner that evening. The menu was extensive and the food was absolutely delicious. Waiting staff were discrete and attentive. When desert arrived I was given a plate that said “happy birthday” written in chocolate sauce, my wife assured me it was not her idea so it must have been the hotels! A lovely gesture indeed.

We had a great nights sleep with no noise from any other guests. Breakfast was served at 7.30am and we were the first to arrive (my wife is pregnant so eating was a priority over a lie in!) The selection of food was vast and the quality was impressive. My wife is French so a fry does not always appeal to her so having such a choice was perfect for her.

Check out was a quick and pleasant experience.

If you are looking for an enjoyable relaxing stay you will not experience a better level of service or care anywhere in Ireland. A truly beautiful hotel and location.

Date of stay: May 2014
3  Thank Mark M

Dear Mark M

Thank you for sharing your review following your most recent visit to Knightsbrook Hotel for your birthday celebrations. I am delighted the team looked after you during your stay and best wishes to you both for the future - I hope to welcome you and the newest family member back to Knightsbrook Hotel in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our first visit to Knightsbridge Hotel turned out to be a most pleasant experience.
I'm a positive person and I believe that my reviews are quite accurate and reflective of the experience and expectations that people over 40 would expect to find.
The Hotel was only built about 8 years ago, and so is very modern, but with some very elegant and 'old world' features, including an amazing lobby/reception area and beautiful high vaulted ceilings in the reception and bar areas. It is very impressive with its winding staircase and one of the largest chandlers I've ever seen.
The staff at reception were really friendly and helpful. Our check-in was quick and everything we needed to know, was explained in detail.
Our room was very large and felt very spacious. There was a 7 foot bed for us to stretch out on and enough closet space for most travellers. The bathroom was clean and modern. The room was well stocked with tea-making facilities, iron and board (if needed), hair dryer etc...
The concierge was great and had all the local info at hand for all the attractions in the area that we wanted to visit on this visit.
Our 2-night visit included an evening meal on one evening, so we headed for the restaurant wondering what it would be like. A friend of mine who's motto was - ''hotels are for sleeping in and restaurants are for eating in'' came to mind, but I have to say that this evening dinner we had in the hotel was first class. The variety on the menu was impressive and the food was beautiful, hot and well presented by the staff. Could not fault any aspect of the dining experience. Definitely give it a try.
I tried out the spa experience on one afternoon and it is nicely laid out and of a high quality. However, one of the steam rooms wasn't very hot, but overall the experience was good. If swimming, then you must bring bathing cap. The chill-out room was just that, quiet, calm, soothing and soooo relaxing, I almost fell asleep!!!
Outside the grounds of the hotel are kept immaculate with careful, colourful planting. There is a lovely, large outdoor area off the bar where you can sit and enjoy the beautiful views over the golf course as the golfers tee off. such bliss.

Things to do: We chose this hotel for its proximity to some historic attractions. First we headed to Newgrange, a neolitic tomb dating back 4000 years before Christ - even a thousand years before Stonehenge in England. Its a fascinating construction where on the winter solstice (for just a few days) the sunlight shines in through a small opening and lights up the central chamber. Hows that for ancient technology.
Next we headed for the Hill of Tara, where the High Kings of Ireland lived and to see all the history there.
James Griffin's Pub on High Street Trim is well worth a visit, for its ambience and the great and affable publican Tom Lenihan, who is full of all knowledge of the area, and happy to impart it to you.
On our second evening we strolled into Trim town for an evening meal and frequented 'Franzini O'Briens Restaurant. The decor and layout of this establishment was really pleasant and welcoming. We were seated near a window which looked out at the ruins of Trim Castle. Our meal was mixed. There were four of us at the table and the starters were excellent. I had a fillet steak with all the trimmings and I have to say it was cooked to perfection. It tasted so good and the pepper sauce that accompanied it was superb. However, my three companions all opted for the Seafood Pasta and all three were very disappointed with it. I was bland, uninteresting and the creamy sauce was actually quite runny and did nothing to add to the experience. In fact one commented that it seemed as though they were short of the sauce and thinned it out. That was a big disappointment to us as the restaurant had been recommended to us as being of the highest quality. The desert did redeem the meal a little as it was superb and very scrumptious.

As a seasoned traveller, I believe this is a hotel that is certainly worth a visit. It ticks all the boxes.

Room tip: All rooms look to be good, but if you can bag a room overlooking the golf course then go for it.
2  Thank michael109

Dear michael109

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review of your stay with us at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your visit to Trim and indeed Newgrange and the facilities we have here at the hotel.

I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook Hotel in the very near future.