1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel on arrival was beautiful greeted by friendly staff. We got a stunning room overlooking the golf course and our room was very spacious and immaculate. There was a choice of two bars and food served in both were to high standard. Food in this hotel is on the pricey side comparing to alot of other hotels I have stayed in. Pool facilites are up to a very good standard and changing rooms are very well kept and monitored to maintain this standard. Restaurant staff were very good at night time but for breakfast we were served by the same waitress for two out of the three mornings and felt very rushed as she was whipping stuff off our table without acknowledging us or asking us if we were finished, to hurry us up to reset for next sitting not one word was spoken to us by waitress other than tea or coffee and even took my chair from my table to accomadate another family when I was getting my breakfast. We did get served by a waiter called Gerry the last morning and he was very friendly and professional at his job and had a lovely manner. This Hotel was a great hub for all surrounding tourist attractions especially Tayto Park for the kids.

Room tip: Request a room overlooking the golf course
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Karen L

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of Knightsbrook Hotel following your recent stay with us. I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities we have to offer. I will speak with our Restaurant Team regarding the issues you have made here - my apologies that you felt rushed through your breakfast.

I hope that I would have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay at Knightsbrook Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed for one night with our kids over Easter. The hotel was extremely busy, but we found the staff to be great despite this. We didn't get to use the pool or facilities on this occasion but found them to be great in our previous visits. Is a very handy place to stay for Tayto Park visits with the kids.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear martinroundabout

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay at Knightsbrook with your family over Easter. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to stay again soon and have the opportunity to avail of all the facilities here.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was disappointed in a recent golfing trip to this hotel. The bedrooms were very nice and very clean. There were weddings on both days we stayed and the lobby was always packed and it was hard to find anywhere to sit in the lobby or the bar. Food in the bar was expensive and poor quality. We didn't really enjoy the food in the restaurant either and staff seemed to be much more interested in guests attending functions than those who were there as individuals.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter W

Dear Peter W

Thank you for posting your review of Knightsbrook Hotel. My apologies that you were unhappy with your stay with us and that it was difficult to find seating in the lobby or bar due to these areas being full.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel from start to finish has your eyes dashing around. There is so much to take in. The lobby has a fabulous stair case and prompt front desk staff, our stay was short just one night and we were checked in by Siobhan. Our room was ready on arrival which we were not expecting which was a bonus.

Our bedroom was spacious which is a nice change to a lot of hotel rooms which can be rather small. There is nothing I could fault about the rooms other than I found the lighting a little low. There was only lamps and no main light. However I do understand the lights make a homely and warm feeling in the room. I had a problem with my safe but it was quickly fixed for me.Also I found that our iron leaked but I am sure if I needed another I would have been brought one.

We were staying at the hotel for a family function and we had a spa package included. We were greeted by a lovely young woman in a pink blazer who was very helpful as this was our first time at the River Spa.The changing rooms are spotless, each locker has a robe and slippers.
The thermal Spa itself has many rooms in which you can try. Our favourite was the room to the far right scented with what smelled like lavender it was amazing and also the experience shower, just such a relaxing place to be. We also had a massage to look forward too. My therapist ( I appologize if this is wrong, her name was latiticia or alysha?) took me for my massage which was a shoulder and back massage and also did my artistic nails, I had to have a neutral color for work and she recommend a lovely color which I love. When my treatments where finished I was taken to the relaxation room, which was also very pleasant, a large room full of chairs for relaxing, fresh fruit and cold juices. This was a lovely little end to our Spa treatments. The Spa staff make you feel very welcome and at home.

We had lunch in the lounge/terrace bar. We thought service was a little slow but food was lovely!Our dinner was served in the golf club. Service was fantastic. Very quick and professional. The young ladies looking after us did a great job looking after us all. The food choice was great and the quality of the food and presentation was great! The bar staff there were also very pleaseant,prompt and helpful! a gentleman with glasses served us mainly and he was very nice.
We then had drinks in the main bar in the hotel. The bars decor with mirrors on the wall give the bar an extra touch. The bar staff again were very prompt.
We enjoyed an amazing breakfast the following morning. We arrived early enough & Seated by a blonde woman. The breakfast staff seemed run off their feet but held up very well and even though so busy retrieved with teas and coffee quite quick while still holding their professional manner. We could see how busy they were as our party were coming down for dinner and also a wedding party I presume were also there.The selection for breakfast itself is a feast for the eyes the selection is endless and constantly being refreshed and renewed. The waffles in particular were a great option!

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. I do hope to come back and stay and definitely try the spa again ( I did hear great things about the golf course and the man in the golf shop being ever so helpful) but I am more of a Spa person.
Staff in each department were great especially considering the busy business levels they were dealing with! Thank you very much for a memorable stay guys!

Room tip: we had a lovely room with a balcony over looking the golf course, we were very pleased with this!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KimJ286

Dear KimJ286

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. It was wonderful to read your comments and compliments on the staff and facilities here in the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbook Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Knightsbrook Hotel has a beautiful reception area, with helpful staff. The room's were lovely and looking over the golf course. They were spotless clean.
Breakfast was lovely. The food in the bar however was very expensive and personally I did not think it was worth the money you were paying.
The restaurant was cold, no warm feeling at all.
The girl who dealt with us in the restaurant for breakfast who told us where to sit was very short with us, not helpful at all and I didn't feel welcome there. The waitresses were helpful.
Did not think, for value for money that this is a good choice.

Room tip: Would advise the rooms with balcony's, the view over the golf course is 'Par Excellent' LOL
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Barbara B

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I will address the point you have raised here with our Restaurant Team - my apologies that you were unhappy with the service there.