1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Wer do I even start!!! Myself and my Husband chose this hotel to hold our Wedding on Aug 16th 2013... from the get go it never disappointed! It got to the stage we turned our meetings wit the Wedding Planner into over night stays! Il start at the rooms/guest houses... Our own suite for the weekend was HUGE, spotless clean and all ya wanted for a bridal suite! Our family and friends raved about the rooms an houses right down to the knifes and forks, the putting green out the back, the comfort of the beds which we know is hard to come across, the cleaniness and not to mention the jacuzzi baths! The food throughout our stay was top drawer, I'm no food critic but I no me good roast beef, steak dinner and chicken when I get it! The selection for brekkie need not go unsaid either! Spoilt for choice! To get down to the staff an the big day itself I don't even know where to start... Caroline and Patrick were excellent on the day, and the following day at the BBQ, no favour was too big or small! Be it tat I forgot to order me Dads melon for his starter (it was in his place before I got to finish the request) or the fact tat we had 20 extra people for our BBQ cause everyone was enjoying the hotel tat much they stayed on and pulling out the extra table an chairs was done without fuss! People can say tats wat staff are there for to tend to you, your requests etc but when its done wit a smile and standard of the Knightsbrook it simply cudnt not be "just part of the job".... To get to the most important person... Sinead Coll Lonergan, what can I say, she made the Wedding wat it was and didn't leave a stone unturned.. Givin tat I'd only ever been to one wedding in me whole life and the second was me own, to hear the guests feedback, I have give the credit wer its due and tats defo a major part to Sinéad!!! Nothing I asked of her was (even though I knew) a stupid question! Always at the end of a phone or email, she runs weddings like clockwork, she is a credit to the Hotel and I'm sure sets the standard, not just were a wedding is concerned but to staff throughout the hotel! At the beginning of our initial search for our wedding hotel my words to my husband were "Not the Knightsbrook, I no of too many weddings down there" however after the arm twisting, wen I walked into tat hotel the 1st time and met wit Sinéad I said to myself "This is why there's so many weddings here" I hope tat wud sum up to a certain extent to anyone looking for the wedding location, esp for photos, the hotel an grounds and also Trim Castle ruins just up the road! I also need to touch on again how much the guests rated food, staff, accommodation and the entertaiment, how well they were all treated even when we were the noisy crowd having the sing song, the whole atmosphere at the hotel, even all the kids (and ourselves) spending the following day in the pool for hours, the women treated themselves to massages, some took trips up to the town for the day, it was described by many as a little "family holiday" we hadnt one negative thing to say as hard as tat may be to believe, but don't knock the Knoghtsbrook til ya've tried it! We already have the reunion night planned!!!!

Christine & Joseph Hanway
August 16th 2013

1  Thank Christine H
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Christine 12344

Congratulations once again on your Wedding and Thank You for choosing Knightsbrook Hotel to host your Special Day. I am delighted that you achieved everything you hoped for from your Day and that the Team at Knightsbrook played a part in that.

Sinead, Caroline and all the staff take great pride in their work to ensure everything runs smoothly from the planning right through to the day itself and I will be sure to pass on your amazing feedback to them. Indeed its comments like these that make us all proud to be part of the Knightsbrook Team!

I wish you both every happiness in your future together and hope to welcome you back to Knightsbrook Hotel for many years to come.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

What a weekend. We were looked after amazingly well from the moment of arriving until our departure. Two excellent evening meals, one in the Willow suite, and one in the golf club - both with fantastic food and service.

Enjoyed 3 rounds of golf on a course which is in very good condition and is of a high standard. A recommended course to play any time visiting Co. Meath. Our trip was also excellent value for money with a combination of meals, accommodation and golf for a very reasonable cost.

Looking forward to returning next year for a repeat visit.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Robert S

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Knightsbrook Hotel for a Golf Weekend. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the food and golf throughout the weekend.

I look forward to welcoming you and your guests back to Knightsbrook Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here again in late August for a golf break. Food excellent in the Rococo restaurant, however much lower standard in the Golf restaurant...lower than expected!
Was very dissapointed with one particular aspect. I happened to accidently overhear a conversation between the GM and one of the staff(junior) where the GM was checking on another manager. It was a nasty tone and very unproffessional in my opinion. I didnt know what category the person being scrutinised was but certainly seemed a senior and likely dining room staff. Of course these things happen but I was amazed at the language of this otherwise pleasant general manager...one to watch I would say if I were the owner! I Should he regularly treat his staff like this I would worry for the future of the Hotel! Otherwise the stay was enjoyable and good value...maybe too hot in the bedrooms which was uneccessary at this time of year!.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Laoshea
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear LAOSHEA

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel.

I wish to offer my sincere apologies for the incident that you experienced on your last stay with us. Please be aware that I have posted a copy of your review and a personal apology from myself on our Staff Notice Board at the Hotel.

As with any interactions with the Team here at Knightsbrook, I would reflect on my actions and how they are perceived and ensure that this would be resolved amicably between both parties.

I hope that you will return to stay at Knightsbrook Hotel in the near future and perhaps on your next visit you would contact me directly and I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you personally.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I would like to thank Debra on reception for her excellent service, assistance and patience on my recent booking. It was much appreciated. In my view the service and food in this hotel has always been excellent. Natasha K

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear damiankeenan

Thank you for your comments regarding Debra on Reception - I will be sure to pass them onto her. Looking forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook Hotel for your next visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Probably one of the best hotels ive stayed in, looks amazing from the outside, esp with the surrounding villas and golf course. Inside it has everything from lovely restaurants, gym spa swimming pool etc. Great for the kids as well, lots for the family to do. Very relaxing def wil be back.

Room tip: ask for room overlooking golf course ;-)
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Paul M

Dear Paul M

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the surroundings and the facilities we have to offer.

I hope you will get the opportunity to return and stay with us again soon.