1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 13 April 2013

What a great start to an otherwise gloomy weekend, a fantastic day at Knightsbrook Spa , The staff couldn't do enough for us, The treatments were luxurious and the thermal suite is the perfect place to relax and unwind to top it all of the tea for 2 was perfect, thanks to all the staff for making our day. No better way to spend a dank grey April day!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Scoobyssue

Thanks for posting your review following your Spa Day at Knightsbrook. I am delighted you enjoyed your day and hope to see you again at Knightsbrook in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We stayed here for two nights and enjoyed it thoroughly. The thermal journey was fantastic. The salt grotto was a cleansing experience like no other.

The staff was okay. The lady on check-in was very brief and didn't explain when breakfast was and forgot to put an asterisks next to our room number to show we had pre-authorised the credit card. There was a little bit of a mix-up as a result. I gave my credit card on check-in. However, the waitress at the end of our meal wasn't sure of this and rang reception for about 10 minutes. A manager got involved and spoke with reception and asked if we hadn't given the credit card. I explained we had. All in all, it took quite a while to get this sorted out so I mentioned it on check-out. The lady was very apologetic which I appreciated and she couldn't understand why the mix-up had occurred. At the end of the day, these things happen and I very much appreciated the apology.

The bar food was delicious and excellent value. The spaghetti bolognese was generous and flavoursome. The chicken wings were sumptuous. I'd highly recommend eating in the bar. The decor is quite old-fashioned and the ambience is influenced greatly by how family friendly the hotel is. This could be a plus or a minus depending on the reason for your trip.

It's a very family friendly hotel. If you're not a fan of children when on a break, then I don't think this is the hotel for you. However, we were never bothered by noise or interruptions and were incredibly happy with what was a great deal.

Breakfast was lovely. Waffles with clotted cream and maple syrup were a welcome surprise.

I'd definitely go back here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Twinkle T

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the spa and bar food. I know that following your check out, Reception did follow up the charges issue with the Terrace Lounge. Once again I wish to offer our apologies for the mix up which should not have occurred.

I hope that you will return to stay at Knightsbrook Hotel in the near future and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

We stayed here as a family of four plus my sister and her partner. The houses were spacious with three large bedrooms all with ensuites. We also had the benefit of a washer dryer and a dishwasher. The house was well equipped as well as very stylish. All bedrooms felt like a hotel room rather than a holiday home. We were most impressed! This was for us the best way to do things, the freedom of our own house with the facilities of the fabulous hotel which we made full use of.
As it was during the school holidays, the kids club was running, three hours in the morning and a movie club in the evening. My two boys used this on a few occasions and the girls working there were fabulous, letting them drop in for as little or as long as they wanted. Another great facility was the games room which can be booked free of charge for an hour at a time for the sole use of your family. My children enjoyed the odd hour of down time playing their favourite wii games.
We used the terrace lounge on several occasions for drinks and food. The service here was excellent as was the food. So much better than the pub grub we were expecting. Unfortunately Rococos Restaurant did not meet our expectations. We were a large group of 10 people including children so we came early and made use of the Early Bird menu. This is a limited menu so the dishes you see on the main menu might nit be included. The food was okay but nothing special and we didn't feel particularly welcomed as we were in the rest of the hotel. I got the impression they would prefer us not to have brought children.
The only other area I would like to see improved is the wifi. It is limited to the hotel lobby area and even that can be quite patchy. I would expect at least for the hotels rooms to be able to receive it or even better the Courtyard homes too.

In all, our trip to Trim was fabulous made all the better for choosing to stay at Knightsbrook. My children loved staying here and want to return jn the Summer. Big thanks too to Aoife on reception. Nothing was too much trouble for her!

Date of stay: April 2013
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Dear SarahGermany

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Knightsbrook and all the facilities we have to offer. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your visit and the Kids Club & Games Room as well.

I am sorry that your experience in Rococo was not to your satisfaction and I will be discussing this with the Restaurant Manager and his team. I appreciate your comments regarding the wifi access - unfortunately from time to time the signal can cause some issues. We are currently looking at other suitable options for more improved wifi at the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook in the Summer and I'm sure Aoife & the team will look after you just as well as before.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My family of 5 plus a friend, traveled recently from America to attend a wedding at the Knightsbrook hotel. We booked one of the holiday homes, as it was the cheaper alternative to booking rooms at the hotel. I would like to say that everything was, as I had hoped it would be! The rooms were very spacious, the beds were so comfortable and all the rooms were spotless (a high priority for me). The staff were friendly and helpful. On one occasion, i had forgotten the private safe code in the bedroom, and a very pleasant young man arrived within minutes to resolve the problem. There is plenty of on site parking and the location of the house to the hotel is ideal (this was peace of mind, as I knew that there would be a lot of comings and goings, with teenagers in our party!). The only issues I had, were relatively minor :- the staff kindly accommodated us, with an earlier check in time of 1pm, but the heating system seemed to be on a timed mode, which meant that we were sitting in the cold, until the heat clicked on, at 3pm the usual check in time. I mentioned the lack of heat to the receptionist, who said she'd look into it, but must have overlooked it! The only other issue was a definite sewage smell to the water coming from the kitchen tap - not a pleasant aroma, for sure. As we were not doing any cooking and were not staying there, for a long length of time, I did not bring it to the hotel's attention but I am sure that the problem would have been rectified if it was mentioned. All in all, the accommodation was excellent and we would certainly return to stay there, if ever given a chance to do so again :)

Date of stay: March 2013

Dear jgarry68,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel Courtyard Homes. I am delighted to read that the staff looked after you and your guests and that you enjoyed your visit. My apologies regarding the heat and kitchen tap and I will ensure our Accommodation team look into these following you bringing them to our attention.

I hope you had a safe trip home and perhaps we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Just returned from a family wedding in Knightsbrook over Easter. We had 3 of the holiday homes and were able to produce fab breakfast every morning for all 17 of us as the facilities were excellent. On a very cold weekend, we were very warm and snug at all times. The wedding itself was brilliant, the food was lovely and the events staff were most helpful. I have had serious issues with Knightsbrook in the past over the Gold Card programme which I felt I was mis-sold but for weddings they are really good. The Holiday homes make it very affordable for guests and are so relaxing.

Date of stay: March 2013
1  Thank WIcklowEileen1959

Dear WicklowEileen1959

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel Courtyard Homes. I am delighted that you enjoyed the facilities and the wedding.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook in the not too distant future.