1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This was my 3rd stay in Knightsbrook my first for a wedding. It is a lovely spot with friendly helpful staff and I will definitely be back!! We ended up in a fantastic family room overlooking the Golf Course and wished we had booked for an extra night!

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Patrick C, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear Bradymir

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back very soon

Kind Regars, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Reviewed 12 November 2012

My husband, three children and I recently stayed for one night in the Knightsbrook Hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff were fantastic. We loved the breakfast and the hotel coped excellently with some special dietary needs. A small issue with a radiator not working was quickly and efficiently resolved. We were not quite so happy with the standard of the leisure centre. The temperature of the toddlers pool was too low and we had to leave soon after arriving because our five year old was cold. The steam room broke down twice during our stay. If these points could be resolved, we would definitely stay again at the Knightsbrook.

Date of stay: October 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Bernie M

Thank you for sharing your experience at Knightsbook Hotel during your recent visit. Please accept my apologies that the Leisure Centre facilities were not fully operational during your stay - I will be speaking to the Team in the Leisure Centre and ensure that all areas are in full working order. I am delighted that the Restaurant catered for your dietary requirements. I hope that you and your family will return to Knightsbrook Hotel in the near future and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Just back from a one night visit to this hotel with our 2 young kids. Family room excellent, plentiful everything from beds to toiletries. A family get together in the restaurant was great, food very good and staff could not have been more attentive! Breakfast 6 star and again lovely staff. From 3 to 80 years old ....all had a great time. Will be back!

Room tip: family room 131 perfect!

Dear BridiCoMayo,

Many thanks for posting your review following your recent Family Visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed the facilities we have to offer and hope to welcome you back to Knightsbrook in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

This is a fantastically kitted out modern hotel. Facilities and rooms are really excellent.
Food was of a high standard and of normal prices.

Pool was of a good size and local childrens swimming lessons didn't impinge on hotel guests use of the pool at all.

+ Pluses - Rooms, decor, facilities, value

- Minuses - Wifi is only in and around reception /lounge area. Rooms have ethernet cables (if you are thinking of bringing a tablet vs a laptop).
Bar was a little cold.

Noteworthy - they are starting to lean towards being family orientated with play area and facilities.

Room tip: rooms with balcony overlooking golf course were very nice.
1  Thank macgdub

Dear macgdub

Thank you for sharing your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and our apologies the Terrace Lounge was cold during your visit. I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to Knightsbrook Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2012

My husband and myself stated here just for a one night break, the hotel entrance is very grand but a little strange as you drive through what appears to be a housing development. The hotel itself is lovely and feels very 5* when you are going in.

Our room had a lovely view of the golf course and a little balcony which was a great added extra. We really enjoyed the view and the room came with a double bed and a single! Unfortunately there was a few niggles about the hotel, firstly I was disappointed that the WiFi was only available in the lobby area and not in the rooms. Also, at breakfast we were left standing whilst two members of staff noticed us and continued to walk away and carry on their conversation, I didn't feel like this was great customer service. The food itself had a good selection to choose from.

That said, the spa experience more than made up for the previous down points. I had booked us in for a neck, back & shoulder massage and also the thermal spa. Our massages were absolutely brilliant, the staff were extremely pleasant. We both left feeling relaxed, refreshed and happy!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank wee_karen

Dear wee_karen

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. My apologies that some areas of the hotel let you down - we have complimentary wifi access in the Hotel Lobby and broadband connections in Hotel Bedrooms. I will certainly speak to our Restaurant Manager regarding the comments you have made about the Breakfast Service.

I hope that these issues will not deter you from returning to Knightsbrook and look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.