1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I have stayed here a few times for a night or 2 nights at a time. Over the years I have stayed in double rooms, family rooms, inter-connecting rooms etc and they are all very nice. Do ask for one over looking the golf course or else you will be looking out at the car park.

The spa here is lovely and the staff are the best in the hotel. The leisure facilities are also very good (if you want to lock your locker you will need a padlock or have to pay for one there) and the staff are hit and miss.

The drop in kids place in the leisure centre is grand to give you 40 minutes to have a swim. I used that on my most recent visit and there were a lovely lady there (Mary).

Breakfasts have gone a bit downhill but still are nice. The bar food is fine but nothing special. I didn't use the restaurant this time but did on all previous occasion and I thought it was very nice.

Bad delays to check out this time, my husband was saying just to leave the key-cards on the counter and go (they had my visa details!) but of course I had to wait and was waiting 20 minutes. Thats too long in my opinion and very annoying when people kept popping out from behind to do something, looked up to impatient faces and then retreated back in quickly. Grrr!!

Still I'm sure I will be back next time I have to make the trip to Trim.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank edinsp
RecepKB, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear edinsp,

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I will take on board the issues you have raised regarding Breakfast & Check Out and hopefully on your next visit you will see improvements in these areas.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Clean modern rooms. Never had a reason to complain about the rooms. Meals are something special at every level. My sister raved about the kids clubs. Her family of 4 kids under 9 had a ball.
It is s good quality all rounder

Date of stay: June 2012

Dear MBQMeath

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your stay at Knightsbrook and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I had my wedding in Knightsbrook on the 3rd of June 2012. I must say that it was the nicest experience I ever had in my life. The events coordinator, Sinead was an absolute sweetheart and I couldn’t believe how professional, prompt and helpful she was.

Regarding the food, she altered the menu to suit our tradition and our desires. Not only was the food absolutely delicious but the staff were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Sinead also went well above the standard and provided me with information regarding various supplies and suppliers in Dublin to suit my wants and needs.

The hotel is extremely clean and the service is fantastic. All my guests were extremely surprized and very happy with the hotel, food and staff. The manager of the hotel pleasantly greeted us upon our arrival and has been a great help throughout the night, always making sure that things ran smoothly. Most of all, you build amazing friendship connections with wonderful people. I would definitely recommend it further to everybody that wants to have the wedding of their dreams.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear RebeccaL

Congratulations once again on your recent Wedding and thank you for sharing your experience at Knightsbrook Hotel. I wish you both the very best in your Married Life and look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook for many years to come.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

While this hotel has it's own golf course the access is through a several housing enclaves . Front of the hotel is surrounded by a courtyard of houses that can be rented out (for large parties attending weddings, golf competitions etc.). Housing around the whole hotel is very dense and gives you the feeling of being in the middle of a housing estate.The other side of the hotel overlooks golf course which is very nice. This hotel is good for golf groups, families, weddings and functions. Seems to cater more for the masses and not for couples, not good for romantic getaway. Breakfast was excellent, dinner very disappointing tough tasteless steak and very overcooked fish (maybe we got the kitchen on a busy night). The only bar open was like a big room with tables and couches dotted arouond, no atmosphere. The other bar which appears to be the main bar for the hotel was closed. There is outside seating area overlooking golf course was very nice. Bar food was very good.

Room tip: Ask for room overlooking golf course.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Tet1

Thank you for your review following your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort. My apologies that you were disappointed with some areas of your stay. I hope that you will return in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

I stayed here for two nights with a couple of friends, for a short golfing outing.
Our room was large, with two king size beds and two sofa beds (each a double bed) and overlooked the golf course. It had everything you would expect in a top hotel.

The hotel staff were very friendly and obliging.

We played golf twice and thoroughly enjoyed the course, although it is quite long and took about five hours both times. Whilst it was in good condition overall, there were a few very large puddles on two of the fairways... we had to use a ball retriever!
The staff in the golf club were also very friendly and helpful, and genuinely wanted golfers to enjoy their rounds.

The leisure facilities are excellent - very clean and airy.

I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear AlisonCNIreland

Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your visit to Knightsbrook Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and the facilities we have to offer.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.