1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone. Very clean,rooms top notch,good food(breakfast was class),very friendly and professional staff...especially the manager,a most charming fellow called Patrick Curran

Mr Stan
Co Down

Room tip: Family room 231...
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
RecepKB, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear fintansharvin,
Thank you for your wonderful comments following your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. I look forward to welcoming you and your family to Knightsbrook Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Arrived and were efficiently checked in within a minute or two. We are repeat visitors to this hotel and regularly stay here with our kids and extended family. As the hotel is situated with a housing estate on one side and a beautiful golf course on the other, we had contacted the hotel when making our booking to request a room overlooking the golf course rather than the houses. Unfortunately when we headed up to our room (lovely room, but no view of golf course). I contacted reception and despite it being a really busy Easter weekend, they managed to transfer us to a new room with the golf view. This was all done with an attitude of "if it's at all possible, we'll do our best to move you". We really enjoyed our weekend. There was a great buzz in the hotel and as always when we stay there, the rooms were of a very high standard. Staff are friendly and the hotel is also very child friendly. The breakfast is delicious (buffet style) and would keep you going for most of the day. We'll definitely be returning for another visit.

Dear Mcctrip
Thank you for reviewing Knightsbrook Hotel following your recent stay and I am delighted that your room move was completed efficiently and without fuss. I hope to see you back at Knightsbrook Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I have just returned from a two night stay over Easter in knightsbrook hotel. Myself and my extended family were looking for a family orientated weekend focused on our young children with a little bit of golf thrown in! Unfortunately, what we found was far removed from the promises made on the hotels website. The atmosphere was similar to that of a huge hen or stag.....drunken revellers intent on making themselves heard. More disappointing however, was the fact that they chose to involve their children in their debauched activities. The hotel clearly not taking any responsibility allowed young children in the bar at 1am, they ran riot in the hotel corridors, in fact getting on a lift was an ordeal as they were allowed take them over for their own amusement. I appreciate the hotel cannot be held accountable for bad parenting, however a sign at the bar clearly states all children must vacate by 9.30pm this was not in any way enforced. Despite the hotel encouraging myself and my family to utilising the baby-sitting service which we of course did, all residents of the hotel were clearly not required to do so. To make matters worse, shouting, arguing, banging, singing, etc carried on until after 4 am. Following our first nights stay, we justifiably made a complaint. We were assured that following the previous nights events security would be put on at the bar and children would not be allowed in. We were also advised that there had been a huge number of complaints and informed the general manager would be in contact. Unfortunately the second night was no better, although a table was set up in the lobby for children to colour and security was in place, I am not sure of their purpose. Children ran wild once again over the entire hotel and in the bar, adults drunkenly laughing off their antics and the general manager has yet to make contact. Once again, the noise carried on until after 4 am. I understand a hotel has no way of predicating the antics of its residents and I am in no way against parents being allowed let lose and have fun, however in this case, the atmosphere was to say the least tense and unnerving, and given the condition of many parents responsible for young children a tragedy could easily have occurred. It was the hotels responsibility if their staff could not cope to involve the police and not wash their hands of the situation as it appears they did.

On a positive note, the hotel itself was as expected, the food in the bar and the restaurant was to a high standard and the staff extremely friendly although not trained to cope with the kind of residents they were faced with over this particular weekend.

Room tip: Do not stay at the front of the hotel if you appreciate a good nights sleep.
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank C M
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Visited Knightsbrook recently and had high expectations based on good word of mouth I had recieved. Check in was ok, the girl on reception was not the friendliest, porter on the door was very friendly and chatted as we waited to check in, good first impression. Had some food in the lounge which took nearly an hour to be served as the waiting staff forgot the order...girl was apologetic. Had a meal in the lounge again on the second night and it was only mediocre....waiting staff were very friendly though and looked after us well. Breakfast was excellent on both mornings and breakfast staff were good....golf course was super and very enjoyable...good for all levels of golfer....would definitely go back but need some work on the finer points.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Ryano1704
RecepKB, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Ryano 1704,
Thank you for your comments following your recent stay at Knightsbrook Hotel. My apologies that you did not experience the high level of quality and service which is generally experienced by visitors to the hotel. We will certainly look at the areas you have mentioned for standards and hopefully on your next visit you will see vast improvements in these areas.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I have just come home from staying 2 nights at the Knightsbrook Hotel for my friends wedding.
The rooms were beautiful, the service was impecable and the food was beautiful, I couldnt fault a thing.
We stayed in an executive room with a golf course view and were slightly dissapointed we couldnt stay another night to actually enjoy the hotel itself.
The staff made the newly married couple feel like they were the only couple to have ever gotten married at the hotel.
As it was a civil ceremony, it was very important to the couple that the hotel itself was perfect in every way as they would be spending the entire day there.
The food at the reception was lovely and they had plenty of extras to add for anyone that could possibly still be hungry after all that food!
The Hotel was spotless and it actually smelled really nice, I dont think Ive ever noticed a hotel smelling nice before!
I couldnt fault this hotel in the slightest!

Room tip: If possible on booking or on check in, try to get a room facing the golf course as you may be overlooking houses, but the view of the golf course is beautiful.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Annhamiltonblack,
I appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Knightsbrook Hotel and thank you for your wonderful comments on the staff and facilities. Hopefully you will return to Trim and Knightsbrook Hotel throughout the year.