1,997 results
All reviews housing estate rococo restaurant terrace lounge thermal suite relaxation room spa treatments kids club swifts bar leisure centre steam room afternoon tea groupon deal golf resort wedding planner beautiful hotel night break the general manager
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have had lunch & bar food here recently. The food is good however I do think you should get better value, for example, sandwich/wrap with salad when ordered from menu means the salad is actually watercress and not salad! The staff are a little bit too relaxed or understaffed, I found i had to leave my table to go to the bar to to order a few times, which takes away from enjoying your food. Also found staff never actually revisit your table after you have been served your food to check if everything is ok! The views of the golf course are very nice though as is the hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
RecepKB, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Dear Tashamum,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Knightsbrook Hotel for lunch. My apologies that the service was not up to our usual high standard in the Lounge. I will certainly take into account your comments regarding pricing and salad with the sandwiches when we next review the menu.
I hope you will return to Knightsbrook soon and see improvements in the service areas.
Kind regards, Patrick Curran, General Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Attended a wedding at this hotel last weekend. Check in was very efficient.

Room was very clean and was a decent size. Bed was very comfy. Had a problem with the lights switching off when the card was put into the wall, this was rectified very quickly by housekeeping staff with very little fuss and a maintenance man also called to check everything was fine.

Food at the wedding was excellent, one of best wedding meals I've had.

Breakfast was served the next morning until 11. Again, one of the better buffet breakfasts I've had at hotels. Tea/Coffee etc was served quickly and the restaurant was very clean for a busy Saturday morning.

Staff overall around the hotel were very friendly and all appeared to know what they are doing. Very hard to fault this hotel for anything. Would definately consider returning for a few days away again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RecepKB, General Manager at Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2012

Dear Expect_quality_2
Thank you for your comments and feedback following your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel and I am delighted that you experienced friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel. Looking forward to welcoming you to Knightsbrook on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my third time staying here and each time it's been a great stay. The food is excellent and they haven't gone down the recession route of using cheap ingredients, which is very noticeable at breakfast in many hotels. the rooms are very clean and comfortable, service is friendly, and the spa is very relaxing. Minor quibble - the chairs in the relaxation room are effectively sun loungers and not at all comfortable, and on each of the three times I've visited one of the thermal spa rooms has been out of order, but these are minor quibbles in the scheme of things and didn't mar an otherwise very enjoyable break.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Riam2,
Thank you for reviewing Knightsbrook Hotel following your most recent stay. We are delighted to welcome back our regular guests to the hotel. I will look into the issues you have mentioned regarding the Thermal Suite and my apologies that it has not been in complete working order on your visits.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook very soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

It is not often that we go back to a hotel twice, but we did with the Knightsbrook Hotel, and we were not disappointed with our second break there. We stayed weekend Sunday 25 to Tuesday 28 March, and it was as good if not even better than the first time we stayed last year. The room was spotless, food excellent, and staff are a credit to the hotel, they are all, without exception, the friendliest and most helpful staff that we have ever had the pleasure to meet, so thank you to each and every one of them, from the cleaning staff to front of house staff. All meals were extremely well presented and did not disappoint taste wise, from the hearty breakfast in the mornings, dinner in the formal dinning in the Rococo Restaurant and the Terrace Restaurant were all excellent. The river spa and health club facilities are also worth a mention, again excellent service and extremely helpful and friendly staff. Plates were cleared away extremely quickly and not a dirty coffee pot in sight. Our room was on the second floor and did not hear any music from the old time dancing which was taking place on the Sunday night.

We have taken the rare time to write this review for one reason and one reason only, is to say that the Knightsbrook hotel and spa is way above most of the hotels that we have stayed in, and we have stayed in quite a few.

Thank you so much for making our break so pleasurable

Room tip: 211 is an amazing room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Amanda067,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review of your latest visit to Knightsbrook Hotel and I am delighted that once again your enjoyed your stay. It is wonderful to get compliments like your review and to know that the dedication and hard work of the whole team here at Knightsbrook is evident throughout each department.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Knightsbrook on your next visit to Trim - hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Spent two nights at wedding in Knightsbrook and found it excellent . Food top class and staff could not be more helpfull.

Room tip: We had family room very clean and comfortable
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Bigtom1954,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at Knightsbrook Hotel and your wonderful compliments. I look forward to welcoming you back many times