All reviews bottled water attending a wedding stayed here trim castle guesthouse
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Our GPS had difficulty locating the property on what was to be our first night out self driving in Ireland. Maybe that was the 1st sign of things to come......eventually after partner parked in a demolition site not far away we had 3 attempts under direction of the owner to get into the "car park " at the rear - not an easy task. Went in and were confronted with a massive renovation taking place and literally rubbish everywhere. Owner said he had fallen behind schedule........we booked in Feb!!!
Showed us a room but on busy noisy street front and quite frankly deplorable given the building work being undertaken in close proximity. Told him not suitable. Said he could have a room out the back ready for us in 2 hrs. Had just been painted so smelled very strong and view seemed to be of another demolition site out the back - lovely....
Agreed to go for a walk to clear heads and ended up at Trim Castle Hotel for coffee wondering what the hell we had let ourselves in for and feeling very stressed.
Made snap decision to see if they had a vacancy and with the help of the kind lady on reception, managed to get a lovely room ( and cut our losses ) Honestly you could not stay there. The exterior was equally as bad as the interior and looked as though it hadn't been occupied let alone maintained and cleaned in decades.
Husband went back and told the guy we had found alternate accomodation and he seemed almost relieved ( but happy to take our money nevertheless )
Be warned, this place is as bad as it gets and left us feeling a bit apprehensive about what our booked accomodation was going to be like for the rest of our trip.
Overall rating is WORSE than terrible.

Room Tip: Nothing will help anyone from our observation.....
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Truly not good unless you like fawlty towers. Horrible bathroom. No heat. Broken tiles. Broken windows. Not really dirty but not 100% clean either. Prices on door not current. €45 for this ...no breakfast, not that I would have eaten here. The view was a scrap yard. The only plus is that it is in the town centre.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ahartigan
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I booked online. just passing through the beautiful town of Trim. This was the worst place I ever stayed in my life, The room was filthy, even the toilet was not fit for purpose. I did not sleep but left at first light.
It was really so disgusting and smelly. Do not stay there, this place is a let down to this beautiful town.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Newquay1700
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

2nd time staying here. Came down for the Christmas Market. Really friendly staff. Great location central to everything. Clean and reasonably priced. The wee bar has good entertainment. Highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I booked this based on people's reviews and I was dissapointed.

The owner was friendly and ok and it is centrally located and it is cheap. There is a small free car park at the rear.

However the positives stop there. The rooms are more suited to staying for work by myself to save money...going there with family was not good...to be honest I considered leaving...it is really the bottom rung of what I would put up with.

Rooms dated .. .damp...paint peeling..kettle leaking on plug so we couldn't use..my boy scratched his leg on a chair where arm had been broken off and screw left protruding out the side and which had simply put against wall. The side lights in my room didn't work and main light was dim.

I would not stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family