“Nice place with nice food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of FRANZINIS

FRANZINIS
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Trim
Cuisines: Italian, American, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Reastaurant set in a beautiful location ,beside the river at the steps of the majestic castle . Serving a varied menu of high quality local produce .Family friendly yet has a good buzz at weekends and later in the evening .full bar available
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice place with nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

We recently went back to franzini's as we hadn't been there in ages. We were met and seated by a lady-she looked like a manager. We thought she could have been a little more friendly. But we got a nice table near the back in view of the kitchen. For starters I had the nachos,which were lovely. My husband had the garlic mushroom,which were nice but there were only 5 of them. For the main course I had the rack of ribs,which were delicious!! They come on a wooden board with salad,corn on the cob and a baked patoto! My husband had the steak. He said it was cooked just the way he liked it. The young waitress that served us was very friendly. All in all it was a nice meal and we will go back.

• Visited November 2013

Navan, Ireland
“a nice find in Trim”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

My wife and I ate here tonight for a change, we hadn't been before and decided to try it out after hearing good reports from friends. The restaurant is located beside the magical and picturesque Trim Castle. We parked in the adjoining carpark which is pay & display up until 6pm.

The interior of the restaurant was subtle. It was surprisingly very large for a restaurant. We sat down at 17.30hrs. There was no one in the restaurant at this time but it was steadily filling up until we left at 19.00hrs, always a good sign.

The menu is plentiful. We opted today for the early bird menu which was 2 course for €19.95 or 3 courses for €25. The wife had a glass of Merlot and i a Savignon Blanc. We were contemplating what to have for dinner, whilst reading Franzini's message on the menu i noted that Franzini's were famous for their wings and ribs, so when in Rome, i ordered these and the wife ordered brie and duck.

Our starter arrived within 10-12 mins, the succulent oven baked wings went down a treat with blue cheese dip and the brie was crispy and melty too, simple food cooked well.

Our main course arrived out approx another 10 mins later, I nearly passed out when I saw the size of the ribs. Two mouthwatering smothered in Mexican sauce rack of ribs, huge baked potato, medium size corn on the cob and side salad. I struggled to finish off my main course, delicious. The wife also couldn't finish her main course of duck, which was delicious also, food which melted in your mouth. The wines washed down the food rather well. Couldn't dream of a dessert or the buttons on the pants would break!! really simple but great food and a nice little find in Trim, will be back for sure!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mgarr, Malta
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Wonderful staff, lovely atmosphere, great food. Very accommodating and friendly staff. Maître d' knows his stuff and staff very well and completely in control. Well done for a lovely meal and experience. We were a party of 8 and everyone's food was very very good.

Visited December 2013
Utah
“Very pleased”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

There is not much I can say about this place. I enjoyed the food, the service was good, it was in a good location, and the early bird dinner was a decent price. Overall, I liked it and I would probably go back.

Athlone
“Nice meal let down by sneaky service charge!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

Was here recently with my wife and another couple. We ordered from the earliybird menu which had a very good choice of dishes. Many restaurants offer an earlybird but in many cases the choice is confined to a small choice. The earlybird was €25.00 for 3 courses which wasn't necessarily cheap.

The service was fine and can't really fault it. The food was nice and the atmosphere was good.

The one thing which is very mean is that they added a 10% service charge for our party of four. This added €15.00 on to our bill. Apparently they apply a 10% charge to parties of four or more but they don't mention it on their earlybird menu.

I contacted the restaurant later that weekend by email and raised this with them. They acknowledged that the service charge wasn't on the earlybird and said that if a customer questions it at the time of payment "as policy" they remove it. It is a very sneaky and mean ploy.
So make sure you check your bill when going for the earlybird menu.

A party of four is quite small so a service charge of 10% is excessive. After supplements for the steaks were added to our bill our earlybird worked out at €30.80 per head! That was before we had any drinks.

Won't be rushing back. The nearby Station House in Kilmessan beats this place hands down for value.

• Visited October 2013